No sound from laptop Speakers

Graham McMorine
7th December 2008, 21:37
Hi Guys,
Again I have a problem with my laptop. I resently had all the many viruses removed from my unit by a mate and as a result I lost alot of my software etc. I am now happy with what I have back appart from not being able to get any sound from my laptop speakers.
Has anyone any idea how this can be retrieved, I am on XP Pro. Be gentle as I`m a computer dunce / idiot.
Ta, Gra. (Cloud)

sparkie2182
7th December 2008, 21:45
give him the unit back, and ask him to check the speaker "drivers".

he should know what you mean.

surfaceblow
7th December 2008, 23:48
Go to the Start Button and press the help and support button that will take you to Fixing Problems pressing that there will be a number of questions leading you to an answer of your problem.

Hugh MacLean
7th December 2008, 23:53
The obvious one: there should be a volume icon on the task bar where your clock is. Click it and make sure it is not on mute.

Regards

billyboy
9th December 2008, 09:43
Click on start then control panel. when that comes up click on sounds and audio devices. then click audio and then volume. you should now see six controls. make sure none of them are muted and all are set high. Hope this helps.

rickles23
9th December 2008, 12:15
If you Right Click the Volume icon on the toolbar, usually lower right, and Left Click Open Volume Control and check that none of the Mute boxes are checked.
Regards

Outlawtorn70
10th December 2008, 00:02
Hi,
Removing the several spies and viruses from your computer has obviously led to uninstall of sound drivers.
Please post your laptop's manufacturer and model, you should find this info on a label stuck under the equipment. We can help you downloading and installing again the drivers needed.
Regards, Kamel.

TayneC8
13th December 2008, 13:37
check that your speakers are not muted or take it back to the shop you got it from and they might find he problem.

Graham McMorine
13th December 2008, 15:39
Hi,
Removing the several spies and viruses from your computer has obviously led to uninstall of sound drivers.
Please post your laptop's manufacturer and model, you should find this info on a label stuck under the equipment. We can help you downloading and installing again the drivers needed.
Regards, Kamel.

Hi Kamel,
The laptop is a Fujitsu Siemans , Model is Amilo L7320GW, and as mentioned before I am on XP pro. Hope you can help as its driving me mad . Would this also be the reason why my laptop is not talking to my printer ,by any chance.
Many thanks , Graham (Cloud) (EEK)

P.s. there is no volume icon on the tool bar at the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

BobClay
13th December 2008, 20:15
It sounds like you have no drivers installed.

Check the following:

Find 'My Compter', this will either be on your desktop, or failing that in the 'Start' menu (right hand side near the top usually). Right click on this and examine the context box presented. This should have 'Manage' listed. Click on this and a 'Computer Management' snap in should appear. This is a very useful tool as it allows you to examine many aspects of your machine.

Click on Device Manager and you will be presented with a list of bits and pieces for your computer. This will be all sorts of things from Disk drives, Display Adaptors to USB controllers. Look for Sound, Video and game controllers and expand that. Check that a sound card is listed, and see if there are any small coloured labels (yellow or red) being displayed which will indicate a problem, usually with the driver. You can right click on each piece of equipment listed and check drivers, whether enabled or disabled and so on. This will hopefully tell you if the drivers are installed.

Graham McMorine
17th December 2008, 20:03
Hi Guys,
I would like to thank you all for your suggestions and cures for my problem. I am pleased to say that the problem has now been solved with the down loading of new sound drivers and all seems to be well.
Once again S.N. to the rescue. Cheers guys and a Merry Christmas to one and all.

non descript
17th December 2008, 20:14
Hi Guys,
I would like to thank you all for your suggestions and cures for my problem. I am pleased to say that the problem has now been solved with the down loading of new sound drivers and all seems to be well.
Once again S.N. to the rescue. Cheers guys and a Merry Christmas to one and all.

Well done and thanks for letting us know. (Thumb)