Fort George (Launch of)

Jeff Egan
27th July 2005, 12:21
Hi, Here are a few pictures of the launch of the "Fort George" taken on the 1st March 1991 from the bridge of the "James Clarke Ross" at Swan Hunters Wallsend on the Tyne.

JOHN CHANEY
7th August 2005, 07:52
I came off the fort george in april its showing her age a lot of things need to be done

Rory Bhoy
21st March 2006, 23:17
I came off the fort george in april its showing her age a lot of things need to be done

Tell me about it John, I came off her back in December, after doing my fair share of chipping and painting I can tell you! (*))

STRAWBERRY
22nd March 2006, 19:43
Tell me about it John, I came off her back in December, after doing my fair share of chipping and painting I can tell you! (*))

Is thet right that you don't use Phosphoric acid anymore??? You lucky things...we always had to use the stuff....Burns everywhere!!

Rory Bhoy
28th March 2006, 17:37
Is thet right that you don't use Phosphoric acid anymore??? You lucky things...we always had to use the stuff....Burns everywhere!!

I'm a Comms Rating so I wouldn't know about that Andy. I just put my trust in the Deckies to sort out whatever rust remover, and paint I needed! (EEK)

G-Dave
10th October 2006, 00:39
I remember that day well -- I was aboard FORT GEORGE for ages and had eat Swans Packed Lunch -- were you parked up out of the way or something ?,forgot that bit.
Dave

Jeff Egan
10th October 2006, 10:27
yep, we had to move up river and park while you launched, got a good set of pic's though, I didn't get any lunch and had to wait ages for a couple of your tugs to move back after you finished.