Sir Bedivere

Lancastrian
12th December 2008, 08:42
Sir Bedivere is being sold to Brazil and will be refitting in Falmouth for a few months in the New Year.
There are job opportunities for technical types with LSL experience. Let me know if you are interested.

hillshepherd
13th December 2008, 16:48
Sorry - have LSL experience, but cannot leave the sheep. Its good to hear the old girl is still going, and heading for another new beginning. But for some well placed cement boxes in late 1970 she might have joined the ELETRIC (at Masirah). I launched the first Mexe by the then accepted slip method, and the T bar ends progressively slashed the shell plating just below the water line, flooding the lower dormitories. We had the whole thing repaired at Bahrein and doublers fitted, after which the surveyor passed us as fit to continue the practice. The very next launch the T bar ends prgressively slashed the shell plating just below the waterline ..........

RC

Lancastrian
13th December 2008, 20:50
Not surprising the free drop method was eventually banned then, though it was good fun. I once delighted in doing one in the middle of Stranraer harbour at midnight.
I hope for the Brazilians sake that those parts were replaced in the rebuild.