Hi Everyone

Smiffy
15th December 2008, 11:52
Hello all, Smiffy here. I came across this site quite by accident and was amazed at the amount of info on it. Fantastic!

I'm afraid I don't have anything to offer anyone on here at the moment, I'm only here to ask for info, if that's ok?

I'm doing my family tree and have found that my GGG Grandaddy owned a smack (is that the right name for a trawler?) back in the 1800's.

At the same time he was also a shipbuilder and employer, I believe he was co-owner of Smith and Stephenson's in Grimbsy, has anyone heard of these boat builders? I think the the original Stevenson's Yard might have been in Hull ?

Really big thanks for any help you can give.

As and when I discover anything about his business and boats I will post it here if if is of interest to you.

non descript
15th December 2008, 12:17
Smiffy, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and making that first and interesting posting. Enjoy the site and all it has to offer, you will find more than a few Grimsby Folk on here, and we very much look forward to your further postings in due course. (Thumb)

K urgess
15th December 2008, 12:28
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Smiffy.
I'm sure the crew will be able to help with your queries.
Meanwhile find your way around the ship and enjoy the voyage.

Smiffy
15th December 2008, 12:52
I was looking a a thread about Grimsby trawlers and now I can't find it, can you point me in the right direction please. Many thanks

K urgess
15th December 2008, 13:09
Here you go, Smiffy
http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=6320

R58484956
15th December 2008, 13:41
Greetings Smiffy and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Bruce Carson
15th December 2008, 15:25
Smiffy, from Michigan, a warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia, it's good to have you as a member.
Hope you find the information that you are seeking.

Bruce

benjidog
15th December 2008, 22:08
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

billyboy
15th December 2008, 22:50
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

bert thompson
16th December 2008, 08:21
Welcome Smiffy. Enjoy all that this site offers
Best wishes
Bert.

Smiffy
16th December 2008, 08:46
thanks all, a lovely welcome.

Gulpers
17th December 2008, 13:25
Smiffy,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
I am also sure that someone will be able to help with your query in the meantime have a good look around the site. (Thumb)