Mike Ryan

patto
18th December 2008, 09:22
Just a brief note to announce the death, of Mike Ryan. Mike was an electrician with Fyffes for many years and only retired a few short years ago.
He died on Monday 15th December 2008 after a 2 year battle against cancer.

Jim S
18th December 2008, 18:26
Very sorry to read of Mike's death - I sailed with him on Bayano in 1972.
A fine lad.

AndyT
20th December 2008, 01:33
Sorry to hear of Mikes passing,

I sailed with him on one of the Ms in the early eightys cant quite remember which ship. I remember he did like to bronzy a lot, but then again i think we all did in those days. He was a good electrician.

harryc1939
28th December 2008, 16:16
Just a brief note to announce the death, of Mike Ryan. Mike was an electrician with Fyffes for many years and only retired a few short years ago.
He died on Monday 15th December 2008 after a 2 year battle against cancer.

Very sad to hear of Mike,s Passing,sailed with him when he was 2nd electrician with Hughie King and when he was Chief electrician on many of Fyffes ships an Officer and Gentleman.

Harry Campbell (harryc1939)

Simon D
11th January 2009, 06:20
I was looking at past notes in the elders fyffes section when I came accross the note posted by patto & was very shocked and sad to hear the news of Mikes death. I sailed with Mike on the Morant in 1979 he was a great character and a gentlemen.

Donnie More
17th January 2009, 00:17
very sorry to hear Mike has passed away ,he gave me hand over on manzanares in 1980, and during my four years in fyffes, met up with him a few times, often wondered who he was sailing with in recent years ,Mike was one of those lads you always liked to meet , and sorry that i lost touch with.

peavey54
19th May 2009, 19:22
Very sorry to hear about Mike. I sailed with him a couple of times, about 78/79 I think on the Manzanares. Lovely bloke. I've still got a couple of photos of him. I was 3rd Mate.

Doug Smith(73-80)