M/V Amalric's T/T Lecky

Spikesdad
22nd December 2008, 17:35
John OÇonnell. Lived in Southampton around the Polygon Area. Anyone know if he's still around?

Brian Havelock
29th January 2009, 14:12
John OÇonnell. Lived in Southampton around the Polygon Area. Anyone know if he's still around?
John went to live in Perth Western Australia. Went to work for Westinghouse, married and had a baby. Try telephone directory for that part of the world.

Gerry O'Connell
27th August 2010, 15:30
Hello Spikesdad and Brian,

I'm Gerard, Johns younger brother.

Yes, we used to live in Devonshire Road, just around the corner from the Polygon Hotel.

John loved his time with Shaw Savill. If memory serves me corectly he sailed on the Icenic, Ocean Monarch, Gothic, Crusader, Amalric and some others, the names of which escape me.

Sadly John passed away after a short illness in 1996 at the age of 49 in Perth, W. Australia.

Would love to hear from you and anyone else who knew John.

Best regards

Gerard O'Connell

Spikesdad
24th September 2010, 14:50
Gerard. Thanks for the reply. I'd like to EMail you privately. Rgds Spikesdad

Brian Brown
23rd June 2013, 13:25
Hello Spikesdad and Brian,

I'm Gerard, Johns younger brother.

Yes, we used to live in Devonshire Road, just around the corner from the Polygon Hotel.

John loved his time with Shaw Savill. If memory serves me corectly he sailed on the Icenic, Ocean Monarch, Gothic, Crusader, Amalric and some others, the names of which escape me.

Sadly John passed away after a short illness in 1996 at the age of 49 in Perth, W. Australia.

Would love to hear from you and anyone else who knew John.

Best regards

Gerard O'Connell

Hello Gerard
I sent quite a lengthy reply to this post via SN private email process...wondering did you receive it?

Brian (Joe) Brown

Brian Brown
24th October 2013, 07:52
Gerard. Thanks for the reply. I'd like to EMail you privately. Rgds Spikesdad

Hello Gerrard

Did you ever get a reply to your email to John O'Connell's brother?
I knew John for a number of years both during and post his period with Shaw Savill

Regards
Joe Brown