QE2 Chief Engineers

Ron Stringer
29th December 2008, 21:15
On another thread, in answer to a question about the names of the people who had been Master of the QE2, someone indicated this site http://www.qe2.org.uk/captains.html

That set me thinking. Does anyone know of a list of the people that served as Chief Engineer on the QE2 during her time in service?

Jeff Taylor
31st December 2008, 15:39
Willie Farmer had her for quite a spell.

R58484956
31st December 2008, 16:40
John Grant. WF Could he moan, moan about anything.

Santos
31st December 2008, 19:33
Brian Wattling now Chief of QM2

Cunarder
4th January 2009, 20:30
Geez, I remember sailing with Brian Wattling when he was a junior engineer on the Cunard Princess - circa late 70's - should have a pic of that somewhere - will revert

Alan Marsden

Malcolm S
21st January 2009, 02:44
Geez, I remember sailing with Brian Wattling when he was a junior engineer on the Cunard Princess - circa late 70's - should have a pic of that somewhere - will revert

Alan Marsden

Did Gareth Hamblin ever make that position?

Bunkerbarge
20th March 2009, 09:45
Did Gareth Hamblin ever make that position?

Yes he did, he left in about '96

dlowing007
25th March 2009, 18:43
Jack Marland was Chief Engineer around 75 - 78? I was, at one time Relief Senior Officers Steward on QE2. I remember him, Willie Farmer, John Grant. Occaisionally Stan Child would take over as Deputy Chief, from Senior Second Engineer.

Jeff Taylor
30th March 2009, 21:21
Met Willie Farmer's widow on Ron Warwick's last cruise in command of QM2. Nice lady. Willie went back to the famous run for safety in NY on unfinished QE in 1940.

riskygizmo
30th August 2009, 16:28
Wasn't Young Chillie Chief in the early-mid eigties

Malcolm S
30th August 2009, 20:24
Wasn't Young Chillie Chief in the early-mid eigties

Chillie? Yes I believe he did make it that high, what ever happened to him?

A mention of Stan Childs, now there was a true gent! Seem to recall diving with him now and then along with Hal from the massage parlor.

Willie Farmer, again a great chap. After purchasing my first house he showed up for the house warning party - and I was only a 2nd Mate at the time.

rodfair
20th April 2012, 22:37
Lets see how many i can remember! Jack Marland, Willie Farmer, Don????, Brian Gregory, Stan Child, Alistair Harman, Simon Guillan, John Chillingworth, Ronnie Bateson, Steve Hehir (SP) Gareth Hamblin,Sailed with him on Disney, Did John Tomlins ever make Chief, know he made Staff Chief

rodfair
20th April 2012, 22:39
Chilly is now working in FL. I believe he has a real estate liscense, also dabbled in the asbestos removal business for a while. Believe he also sold yachts.

romney01
29th May 2012, 11:27
What happened to Simon Gillan and Steve Hare? I remember them from the re-engining days in Bremerhaven. I was commissioning engineer with the Woodward team - trying to work out excatly how the Power Management System was supposed to work. I think in the end we came to the conclusion that the PMS had PMT.

romney01
29th May 2012, 11:34
Although not strictly in the chief engineer category I do remember that at the time Simon Gillan and Steve Hare were CE's they had a very nice "writer" (I think was the title) called Beverly. I certainly fell for her and her well endowed charms........... oh the memories.

Malcolm S
29th May 2012, 20:21
Anybody remember Maurice Tate? I believe he never sailed on the QE2 even when she turned deisel.

Malcolm

pensioner
29th May 2012, 21:56
I seem to have an idea that the Chief off the Carinthia went to the QEII his name was Roy Forbes, I also sailed with his son, AKA Mini Three, in Port Line. Anybody help.

regards

makko
30th May 2012, 04:15
BF to C......
Proud to be a contemporary of Tim Jenkins - QM2 and now others.
Rgds.
Dave Rogers

rodfair
30th May 2012, 12:09
Anybody remember Maurice Tate? I believe he never sailed on the QE2 even when she turned deisel.

Malcolm

Maurice Tate was the ships General Manager before and during the re-engining. He sailed in that capacity as well.