M V Wendover (watts watts)

howard james
13th January 2009, 11:57
Looking for any members of crew signed on Liverpool May 1960 Paid off Genoa April 1961,Happy Days.

jerryray
14th November 2009, 11:55
Howard, wasn`t on the Wendover when you was on her, but Iwas on her 1958,`doing` the meddie across to Canadian ports, `missed` her in Lisbon, d.b.s back to u.k on Wellington Star. Good ship, great crowd ! regards jerry

ericlamb
12th October 2011, 05:14
Hi Jerry I was on the Wendover in 1958 doing the Canada Levant runs it was one of the greatest times I ever had at sea, so many ports and so much to do and see it was just the greatest for me. Regards Eric Lamb.

johnvvc
20th January 2012, 11:25
Hi Howard

Also sailed on the Wendover as R/O but not same time as yourself.

I joined her in Genoa in March '62 and paid off in Liverpool May '63.

Happy days...

Trader
20th January 2012, 18:17
Hiya fellas, here is a photo of the Wendover stuck in the ice a few hours after leaving Montreal Dec. 1958. I was alongside of her on the Manchester Vanguard. We were there for about a week before the icebreakers got us out. We walked across the ice to swop books.

There were many other ships there as well.

Alec.

Malgray2
22nd January 2012, 23:56
Hi Howard

Also sailed on the Wendover as R/O but not same time as yourself.

I joined her in Genoa in March '62 and paid off in Liverpool May '63.

Happy days...

That's funny I joined the Wendover in the Huskisson Dock in L'pol in May 63. My first trip. I remember she'd just been all round the world and this was the first time she'd been in the UK for 2 years.
The accommodation was caked with sugar as she'd just come in from Barbados.

PTK39
15th April 2014, 10:19
Was anyone here on the Wendover in 1957 when we went to answer the SOS of the Pamir?

patrick mcnee
7th November 2014, 14:40
Hi Howard, I don't know if you will remember me, I joined the Wendover in May 1959 until paying off in Genoa in April 1961. I was ships writer, and remember you and Terry McLaughlin as catering lads. Jimmy Brown was Chief Steward, and Harry Jackson was Chief Cook, Captain Eric Pearce.
I still remember the boys hassling me for subs, they used to call me mr pencils. My brother Peter was deck cadet on Woodford and later Wendover.

Good days,
Regards
Patrick