hi all

demodocus22
14th January 2009, 02:59
hi all, just found this site, so just want to hi, to all fellow seamen i was with the blue funnel line mainly, first ship was the above, " demodocus," as a deck boy, in 56, long time ago, still miss it, that will never happen again, all the kids of today dont have the oppertunity we had, but it still is in are hearts and minds, so take care guys (Thumb)

oceangoer
14th January 2009, 09:45
G'day Frank,
I was on Demodocus late 1959 as Middy, good ship (although Antenor was my favourite).

R651400
14th January 2009, 09:46
Hi demodocus22 and welcome to SN from another ex Blue Funneller. Think you should have put this into our Hello forum where you would have received a warm welcome from a lot more than me. Hope you enjoy the site.

R58484956
14th January 2009, 09:47
Greetings demodocus and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

price
14th January 2009, 10:00
Hello Demodicus 22; Welcome to the site. When you were on the Demodicus in 1956 was Roger Daines an SOS there?, he was a townie of mine from Aberdyfi, I remember him leaving the Rhexenor 1955 to join the Demodicus on her maiden voyage, I expect he would have been an EDH in 1956.
Bruce.

bert thompson
14th January 2009, 10:19
Welcome to t5hisw wonderful,addictive site
Best wishes
Bert.

benjidog
14th January 2009, 21:57
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

Graham McMorine
15th January 2009, 20:22
Welcome to the SN site. You`ll enjoy it as it is very addictive. The enjoyment and info one gets off here is great, so hang on for the voyage that never gets to be a bore.......................Welcome.

demodocus22
15th January 2009, 23:45
thanks for the warm reception, still finding my way around it, " price " when i joined the demodocus, it was my first trip, just coasting her, my first deep trip was the "thesues" to oz, with the " bangor bull, " bosun, davy roberts, he knew me from my 2 uncles, who where with blue funnel, one right threw the war, billy wood, and my other uncle jimmy wood, lots of seamen us to stay at my nans, by gladstone dock, bootle, had a big house, i remember the piano, and accordians going mad when they where home, i use to listen to all the tales about going to sea, my grandad was in the R N, my farther was torpedod so never got to no him, lived with my gran, so had to go to sea, hahaha but what a great life, once again guys thanks, take care

PADDY
28th February 2009, 19:34
Hello all,
Just found this thread, I did five trips on Demodocus between '62 - '64 as E.D.H/A.B. As I recall she was a very happy ship (must have been, I kept going back!)

Regards to all
Paddy

john mc ginley
28th February 2009, 21:37
hello demodocus22 ,glad to have you on board.i also was a deck boy 1956,after serving 10 weeks at the training ship
vindicatrix,sharpness.completed 26/10/56.have lots of
memories of the vindi.good and bad.

David Williams
2nd March 2009, 20:25
hi all, just found this site, so just want to hi, to all fellow seamen i was with the blue funnel line mainly, first ship was the above, " demodocus," as a deck boy, in 56, long time ago, still miss it, that will never happen again, all the kids of today dont have the oppertunity we had, but it still is in are hearts and minds, so take care guys (Thumb)

Hi Deomodocus.
Just a few lines to welcome you aboard,find yourself
a comfortable bunk,and settle in.I didnt sail with the
Blue Funnel,but I can assure you that there are people
out here who will know your ships,and maybe even know you.

Dave Williams(R583900)

Pat Kennedy
2nd March 2009, 20:46
I was also in the Demodocus in 1961 as EDH. A good ship.
I heard of an incident in Singapore when she almost went on her beam ends when by chance, heavy lifts were outboard over the quay on every yardarm derrick at the same time. They say the funnel was only a few feet from laying on the shed roof.
If you are ever in Birkenhead, try to visit the Williamson Art Gallery in Slatey Rd, where they have a room devoted to the Merchant Navy, and among the many ship models is a beautiful builder's model of Demodocus. It is absolutely perfect in every detail.
Regards,
Pat