Amerikanis

Bob S
5th August 2005, 16:02
Built as Union Castles KENYA CASTLE by Harland & Wolff at Belfast in 1952, Chandrisís AMERIKANIS is seen at the Harwich Cruise Terminal during September 1996.

CROIXLMTUSA
6th August 2005, 06:48
You may have already seen it, but there is a great shot of KENYA CASTLE in P.C Kohlers article about the Union Castle ships in Ships Monthly/July. I had just recently found some pics of AMERIKANIS' interiors from a visit when I was about 7 or 8, indluding one of me making tracks down the open promenade into the late afternoon Sept sun. A cousin had given a light up model of her to my arch-enemy instead of me.. I inherited it when he moved but by then it was totally wrecked. She was a neat little ship, with great lines. I never got on board after that, but my brother took a cruise on her in maybe 88 or 89 and said he had a great time..I dont recall him saying yeah or nay on the food, but she evidently was a good seaboat and between the open decks, promenades and the vintage steam whistle, he was enchanted. IM sorry I never did a trip on her...I will post some of my pics of her shortly...