Crossed the Bar - Tim Carmichael

Degema
20th January 2009, 14:06
Tim crossed the bar on the 14th January 2009. His funeral will take place at 1215 on Tuesday 27th Jan at the Holy Cross Church in Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan. Tim was an Engineer with P & O until his retirement through ill health in 1981.

R58484956
20th January 2009, 15:37
Condolences to Tims family from an ex P&O engineer.

Somerton
20th January 2009, 15:42
Deepest sympathy to Tims Family and friends. From an old Port Line seaman.

Regards.
Alex C.

Buoy
23rd January 2009, 11:46
I knew Tim was ill, but this is a shock. Sailed with him a few times & knew in business when he was with Graig. A great bloke and his family & friends will miss him sorely.

Degema
28th January 2009, 12:26
Funeral went well. Church was packed. MNA (Wales) provided ensign for coffin and two Standard Bearers. Passed on condolences to the family. As you say Derek he will be sorely missed.

Buoy
29th January 2009, 10:25
Hi Degema,
I also went to the funeral, we should have communicated better - pretty poor for an ex sparkie! As you say there was a very large turnout. I couldn't go to the crematorium as I have a very painful back at the moment, and the trip over from Bristol was about all I could stand. The MNA did a great job for Tim & family.

doric
29th January 2009, 11:13
My condolences to Tim's family, I was a Chief Elect, with ShawSavill, & British
Phosphate Company, 1950/59. Born Swansea Wales, settled in Melbourne Australia in 1959. Regards, Terence Williams.R538301.

Degema
30th January 2009, 21:47
Sorry to have missed you Derek. It would have been nice to meet an SN member "in the flesh". Maybe some other time. Eight of our members crossed the bar last year so we are getting plenty of practice. Hope the back gets better soon.

Byron

Degema
30th January 2009, 21:48
Thanks Terence will do. Hope you are keeping cool out there.

Byron

Buoy
2nd February 2009, 19:23
Sorry to have missed you Derek. It would have been nice to meet an SN member "in the flesh". Maybe some other time. Eight of our members crossed the bar last year so we are getting plenty of practice. Hope the back gets better soon.

Byron

Thanks Byron. The back is much improved - the only advantage is a delightful young lady chiropracter who manhandles me twice a week at present.