The Sad Passing of Dennis Moore

marinero
4th February 2009, 21:43
I have been informed to-day by one of his friends from the Little Venice Community that Dennis passed away just before Christmas with kidney failure. I am sure that all of us who knew and sailed with Dennis will regret that a true character has sadly passed on. I'm also sure he will be remembered as a kind and friendly bloke who always had a friendly word for everyone. I first sailed with Den Dens in 1974/5 on the Furness Bridge and we ended up in the North Sea as did many of you.
Regards
Leo

BOB.WHITTAKER
5th February 2009, 22:47
Hi there LEO, very sad to hear about Denis Moore passing away. He was one of natures gentlemen and as you say many of the offshore lads both North Sea and latterly the Morecambe Bay gas field from the mid seventies and mid eighties will remember him. Xmas 2008 was the first time my wife (Hazel) and I didnt receive a card from him. Best regards, Bob Whittaker

Derek Roger
6th February 2009, 00:06
My sincere condolences to the Moore family and his friends . Derek

ALAN TYLER
7th February 2009, 12:46
It truly is a sad day having learned of the passing of one our old mates. Having worked with Dennis on the Offshore side of Houlders for several years I will go to the pub this very afternoon and raise a glass to him. Deepest sympathy to his relations.

Dave Meech
16th February 2009, 19:55
I have been informed to-day by one of his friends from the Little Venice Community that Dennis passed away just before Christmas with kidney failure. I am sure that all of us who knew and sailed with Dennis will regret that a true character has sadly passed on. I'm also sure he will be remembered as a kind and friendly bloke who always had a friendly word for everyone. I first sailed with Den Dens in 1974/5 on the Furness Bridge and we ended up in the North Sea as did many of you.
Regards
Leo

Hi Leo,
Very sad news, I remember Den Den also from the Furness Bridge and various installations in the Norh Sea. He certainly was a charecter, and a very genuine person. He will be sadly missed by all who knew him.
Regards Dave

ALAN TYLER
17th February 2009, 18:01
Regards
Leo

Hi Leo, Just had an e-mail from Nick Clayton he,s just found out of the sad loss. Evidently he was told by Dave Cheesman. Alan.

marinero
17th February 2009, 20:44
Hi Leo, Just had an e-mail from Nick Clayton he,s just found out of the sad loss. Evidently he was told by Dave Cheesman. Alan.

Evening Alan.
I e-mailed Cheddar and Jonesy and a few others when I was told. I didn't have Nick's address so could not include him. I am sure there are a few more who should be told but do not know how to get in touch. If you have any addresses perhaps you could inform others.
Regards
Leo