Carpentaria

James Slater
10th August 2005, 11:47
Are there any Carpentaria fans out there. I have just had a chat (via Skype) with Gary Ruaux who was one of the people responsible for building that wonderful bar. (Pint)
James

robbo
10th August 2005, 14:10
Are there any Carpentaria fans out there. I have just had a chat (via Skype) with Gary Ruaux who was one of the people responsible for building that wonderful bar. (Pint)
James

James I enjoyed a beer or two (or more) in that bar. There were 2 pictures and I can remember one was of an old bloke sitting on something...I think.
Vince Hardy was one 3rd eng when when I was there and he spoke of Gary
.Bed now as the next few nights will be late I guess (cricket)
(Night)
Robbo

Charnosahib
6th January 2008, 04:22
Hi James,
I don't remeber a bar, but it might have been built after I transfered to the Canara in "58
Regards, Spike Milligan

Govanbill
12th January 2008, 18:41
I remember the day I heard she was being scrapped. I was in the bar on the Zaida when we read the news in a bulletine.

StewG
29th December 2008, 09:16
I was on Carpentaria when we took her to scrap in Pakistan. We were told she had been sold as a going concern but when we got there they told us she was being scrapped. We wanted to beach her but they wouldn't let us, made sure we were off as soon as posible.

StewG

Saarsteiner
15th January 2014, 14:58
I was on Carpentaria when we took her to scrap in Pakistan. We were told she had been sold as a going concern but when we got there they told us she was being scrapped. We wanted to beach her but they wouldn't let us, made sure we were off as soon as posible.

StewGHi Stewart That seems a lifetime ago. Best regards

Bill Saarsteiner

Tim Mark
30th March 2014, 18:16
I remember that the Greenwich maritime wanted the Ralston Stability board from the vessel when it went to scarp, Rgds Tim Mark ex junior eng