M.V Shetland Trader EX Lass Mars

islayshipping
8th February 2009, 17:19
Good Evening

I am just wondering if anyone has got pictures of the shetland trader faversham ships ltd owned....

rabaul
8th February 2009, 17:41
I have just uploaded a photograph I took of the Shetland Trader in 1989 at Hays Dock in Lerwick

Is this the same vessel

Pilot mac
8th February 2009, 17:50
Elliott,
try http://www.favershamships.co.uk/ for image of the current Shetland Trader, however you may need there permission to reproduce it. This is a good website well wort a browse,

regards
Dave

islayshipping
8th February 2009, 18:06
Elliott,
try http://www.favershamships.co.uk/ for image of the current Shetland Trader, however you may need there permission to reproduce it. This is a good website well wort a browse,

regards
Dave

Yea the pictures of the shetland trader on that site are mine i took them for faversham ships ltd

EBenarty
6th March 2009, 22:06
Yes I knew the Shetland Trader and Charlie - Charlie Groundwater from Stromness was Mate and Captain for many years before going to Northlink Ferries. We went to school together with his brother James and his Grandfather was headmaster off Strommness school.
Billy

GRAHAM D
7th March 2009, 03:50
I used to see the Shetland Trader when on the Leith to Shetland run as Second Mate on the ROF Beaver in the early 1980's, I seem to remember she carried a lot of Becks or Grolsh beer!! Does anyone have any photos of the Beaver, she was a funny looking ship?

vectiscol
7th March 2009, 05:21
I did have a quick visit onboard the ship just before Christmas. Faversham Ships are doing their best to keep her in good shape. The ship does work hard.

thedon59
21st April 2009, 06:50
Yes I knew the Shetland Trader and Charlie - Charlie Groundwater from Stromness was Mate and Captain for many years before going to Northlink Ferries. We went to school together with his brother James and his Grandfather was headmaster off Strommness school.
Billy

Sailed with Charlie on Dennisons Hoxa Sound.