Paddy Fagan

Nick Jones
3rd March 2009, 23:48
I read in another thread that Paddy Fagan was a Chief Engineer with Manchester Liners and wondered if it was the same Paddy I sailed on the coast with. We were on PSNC's Eleuthera in 1968. He was 3rd Eng, I was Electrician. Paddy's father was also Manager of Liverpool at one time.
If it's the same guy and anyone knows his whereabouts have him get in touch.

Cheers,
Nick Jones.

steviej
4th March 2009, 07:46
I think you are talking about John Fagan. I am sure that Paddy was a PSNC nickname. I sailed with quite a few times on the Manchester Challange when he when he was 2/E. Nice man and a great engineer. I asked him about his fathers success as then assistant manger at Liverpool. he always replied that he did not like football. I wonder where he is now?

Flixtonian
4th March 2009, 12:30
I sailed with John on the Asian Renown in `77. I never knew his dad was THE Joe Fagan, could have had some banter about LFC and MUFC, although he outranked me at the time as I was a lowly deck cadet.

Nick Jones
7th March 2009, 23:12
Furness Ship Management moved people around some and there were three Manchester Liners 4th Engs I sailed deep sea with on the SS Pizzarro in late 67 early 68 Micheal Anthony, Willie Fyffe (From Carnoustie) and Mervyn Cheetham. I myself did a coastal trip on the Lancastrian Prince and a couple of the Royal Mail ships Essiquibo and Picardy, before moving on to Brocklebanks.

Cheers,

Nick Jones.

michael charters
23rd September 2010, 18:27
Furness Ship Management moved people around some and there were three Manchester Liners 4th Engs I sailed deep sea with on the SS Pizzarro in late 67 early 68 Micheal Anthony, Willie Fyffe (From Carnoustie) and Mervyn Cheetham. I myself did a coastal trip on the Lancastrian Prince and a couple of the Royal Mail ships Essiquibo and Picardy, before moving on to Brocklebanks.

Cheers,

Nick Jones.Nick were you electrician on PIcardy, If so I was as well. Did sail with an Engineer called Paddy from Belfast. also a Mervyn. Did you know electrician named Peter Masrshall?
Capt Box was master of Picardy in my short time there.
Brought the Picardy into Falmouth to be sold. I was last off her after connecting power from the Black Prince. Paddy was a cadet on prince lines.

Nick Jones
2nd October 2010, 00:04
Micheal,
I'm sorry it was the Albany not the Picardy I joined in August 1968 with the intent of sailing deep sea on her. However I was shanghied for the Somers Isle before she sailed and did a voyage on her, which was my last with Furness Ship Management as I subsequently joined Cunard Brocklebank.

Cheers,
Nick Jones.