Bank line ties

mil511mariner
10th March 2009, 17:48
Does any one know where you can buy a bank Line company tie ?

R58484956
10th March 2009, 18:31
Greetings mil511mariner and a warm welcome to SN on your first posting. Enjoy the site and maybe someone will come up with an answer. Bon voyage.

Alistair Macnab
11th March 2009, 00:21
Be warned. They are extremely short and narrow and unsuited for wearing with a suit unless partially covered with a waistcoat, cardigan or sweater. A bit like a school tie. Same comment applies to the 25 Year B.L. Stag Club tie!

Baltic Wal
11th March 2009, 20:14
Be warned. They are extremely short and narrow and unsuited for wearing with a suit unless partially covered with a waistcoat, cardigan or sweater. A bit like a school tie. Same comment applies to the 25 Year B.L. Stag Club tie!

Alistair, yours must have shrunk. The one I have is a normal and very good tie, and I didn't sail with Bank Line.

Alistair Macnab
11th March 2009, 20:27
Baltic Wal....
Perhaps its just that the distance between my neck and my trouser belt has increased over the years. Its no longer a straight line but runs around a considerable segment of a circumference! Something to do with pi, I understand.

Andy Lavies
11th March 2009, 21:00
I thought gravity was responsible - it's just that my chest has slipped!
Andy

Charlie Stitt
12th March 2009, 22:17
I thought Bank Line ties and badges could only be bought from our good tailor friends in Calcutta, you know, the ones who were on board and had you all measured up even before you finished stations. Perhaps if you asked her nicely, Miss Shilpa Shetty would send you one over. A tie that is.(Thumb)

rabaul
12th March 2009, 23:23
I received my Bank Line tie and blazer badge when I joined as a cadet - i still have the tie - the old version blue with a multitude of Bank Line house flags - ties issued after 1975/6 were blue with one large house flag. Sadly my blazer badge has been lost - try e-bay , I found a new cap badge for the sum of 5.

kwg
24th March 2009, 21:06
Noticed to-day BL cap badge for sale on UK Ebay.

Waighty
28th August 2010, 00:04
I thought Bank Line ties and badges could only be bought from our good tailor friends in Calcutta, you know, the ones who were on board and had you all measured up even before you finished stations. Perhaps if you asked her nicely, Miss Shilpa Shetty would send you one over. A tie that is.(Thumb)

Shilpa Shetty can play with my tie anytime![=P]

Ben Masey
28th August 2010, 13:02
Does any one know where you can buy a bank Line company tie ?

Hi,
I gave away all my ties,badges,buttons issued to me by the company,but I still have my Bank Line Golf Club tie presented to me by Lord Inverforth,Roy Weir.
Regards,
Ben Masey

China hand
28th August 2010, 19:34
Try the Bank Line Association.

mil511mariner
26th September 2010, 18:35
I have found a company in Edinburgh who will replicate my original but damaged company tie - problem - I will have a lot of spares........................