G.b.l.a.

Terry Willcox
18th March 2009, 16:00
Is there anyone our there that was on the PORT INVERCARGILL in the 6 day war. I served two duties on the Bitter Lakes. !st, 6th April 1968. and 21st January 1969. I had a remarkable experience being able to spend a time of history. Anyone that was out there with me, please get in touch. I was in the catering Dept as an Asst/Steward. Take care.........Terry(H)

mcgurggle
18th March 2009, 19:58
Is there anyone our there that was on the PORT INVERCARGILL in the 6 day war. I served two duties on the Bitter Lakes. !st, 6th April 1968. and 21st January 1969. I had a remarkable experience being able to spend a time of history. Anyone that was out there with me, please get in touch. I was in the catering Dept as an Asst/Steward. Take care.........Terry(H)

I think my mate Alan Polley from Belfast may have been there then. Do you remember him? He was Asst. or Sr. Asst. Cook.
McG

Terry Willcox
9th April 2009, 20:39
Hi All Again. I have just recieved the latest Ships Monthly Magazine, one write-up states that the African Glenn was sunk in the Great Bitter Lakes 1973 by an Israeli aircraft. This is the first that I have heard about it, does anyone have more information???? Take care.........Terry