John Blackie. City of Exeter.

Spikesdad
26th March 2009, 16:11
Anyone info regarding John greatly appreciated.

Fergus 62
26th March 2009, 22:27
I sailed with a Second Mate called John Blackie on the City of Glasgow in 1965 UK - Far East. Is that the same person you are referring to?

Regards

Fergus 62

Spikesdad
27th March 2009, 21:06
Fergus 62. He came from Bournemouth where I knew him, slim, 5'10ish and he served his time in Ellermans mostly on the City of Exeter earlier on. Born about 1937 and I think he married someone from the Birkenhead/ Liverpool area. Thanks for your help and any other info would be appreciated. Rgds Spikesdad

Oddjob5
25th January 2013, 16:11
Fergus 62. He came from Bournemouth where I knew him, slim, 5'10ish and he served his time in Ellermans mostly on the City of Exeter earlier on. Born about 1937 and I think he married someone from the Birkenhead/ Liverpool area. Thanks for your help and any other info would be appreciated. Rgds Spikesdad

Served with a 2nd Mate John Blackie (wife from Birkenhead) on C/O Winchester 1964 for around 10 months or so on the MANZ run.
Some years later I did hear that he had taken the family across to West Coast USA and was working for a stevedoring/shipping co rep there. Whether correct or not I cannot say.
Regards