John Blackie. City of Exeter.

Spikesdad
26th March 2009, 16:11
Anyone info regarding John greatly appreciated.

Fergus 62
26th March 2009, 22:27
I sailed with a Second Mate called John Blackie on the City of Glasgow in 1965 UK - Far East. Is that the same person you are referring to?

Regards

Fergus 62

Spikesdad
27th March 2009, 21:06
Fergus 62. He came from Bournemouth where I knew him, slim, 5'10ish and he served his time in Ellermans mostly on the City of Exeter earlier on. Born about 1937 and I think he married someone from the Birkenhead/ Liverpool area. Thanks for your help and any other info would be appreciated. Rgds Spikesdad

Oddjob5
25th January 2013, 16:11
Fergus 62. He came from Bournemouth where I knew him, slim, 5'10ish and he served his time in Ellermans mostly on the City of Exeter earlier on. Born about 1937 and I think he married someone from the Birkenhead/ Liverpool area. Thanks for your help and any other info would be appreciated. Rgds Spikesdad

Served with a 2nd Mate John Blackie (wife from Birkenhead) on C/O Winchester 1964 for around 10 months or so on the MANZ run.
Some years later I did hear that he had taken the family across to West Coast USA and was working for a stevedoring/shipping co rep there. Whether correct or not I cannot say.
Regards

Iain Lindsay
2nd June 2014, 13:16
John Blackie worked for Kerr Steamship on US West Coast. Moved to Seattle 1984 then to Alaska to join Factory ship and then no further news.
Married Penny Brown from Wallasey who died in 1975.