Bob McManamon

Paul Braxton
24th August 2005, 18:21
Anyone remember a sparkie, name of Bob McManamon? He was a good friend of mine and he was a regular on 'Somerset' and 'Mataura'. I lost touch with him in the early seventies.

Pat McCardle
24th August 2005, 19:34
Was he a biggish, thickset bloke, dark hair & beard? I was with this guy on Somerset in '77-'78

R58484956
24th August 2005, 19:53
Welcome Paul to this site,plenty of RO 's here to make you feel at home (sea).
Do you paint ships, only on paper of course. We also have marine artists here who occasionly show us their work.

Paul Braxton
2nd September 2005, 11:51
Was he a biggish, thickset bloke, dark hair & beard? I was with this guy on Somerset in '77-'78

No; not really thickset; no beard either at least when I knew him! Shame. He and I met at Norwood Tech Coll. when he came ashore to do his radar ticket in '69. Real good bloke, Bob, and a shame to lose touch with him like that. He went to 'Mataura' and I remember visiting him on there in Napier NZ. A beautiful ship, that. After he left NZS he went coasting on the Aussie coast for a while; was on 'Iron Knight' as I recall. That'd be about early '70's again.

Thanks for your reply, Pat.

Paul

Paul Braxton
2nd September 2005, 11:55
Hi, and thanks for your welcome. It's a good site which I found entirely by accident one day whilst surfin'.

Yup, I do paint ships occasionally, tho' haven't done for a while. I'm trying to get the 'HM Bark Endeavour' finished at the moment, but having a bit of trouble motivating myself to do the 'tough-but-crucial-bits'!

If you haven't done already, pse feel free to check out my website: http://www.art-endeavour.com.

Cheers, Paul

Welcome Paul to this site,plenty of RO 's here to make you feel at home (sea).
Do you paint ships, only on paper of course. We also have marine artists here who occasionly show us their work.

michael james
3rd September 2005, 00:11
Welcome to SN Paul,
Glad you found us surfing, hope you enjoy all aspects of the site, good luck finding an old shipmate