Port Townsville

KIWI
15th April 2009, 22:40
Would any member have among their memorabillia a technical report of the the main engine crankshaft breaking on Port Townsville whilst enroute Fiji/NZ.Alternatively could I be pointed in the right direction to track it down.A friend of mine Dave Nicholson was 2/E at the time & is very interested in seeing a copy.KIWI

mcgurggle
15th April 2009, 23:42
Would any member have among their memorabillia a technical report of the the main engine crankshaft breaking on Port Townsville whilst enroute Fiji/NZ.Alternatively could I be pointed in the right direction to track it down.A friend of mine Dave Nicholson was 2/E at the time & is very interested in seeing a copy.KIWI

Was the late Bill Campbell the C.E. on that trip?
McG

KIWI
16th April 2009, 02:26
Checked with Dave but regrettably the name is not familiar to him but it is nearly 50 years ago & Senior Moments are frequent these days. KIWI

mcgurggle
16th April 2009, 08:17
Checked with Dave but regrettably the name is not familiar to him but it is nearly 50 years ago & Senior Moments are frequent these days. KIWI

Thanks for checking Kiwi. Bill (Willie) Campbell was CE on her late 60s/early 70s & she had a 'major breakdown' which also caused him to almost have the same !! Thanks for the reply.
McG

roseman36
13th June 2013, 05:37
Thanks for checking Kiwi. Bill (Willie) Campbell was CE on her late 60s/early 70s & she had a 'major breakdown' which also caused him to almost have the same !! Thanks for the reply.
McG

I was s/4/e on port townsville when crankshaft broke. Chief Eng, was Tom Johnson

TIM HUDSON
13th June 2013, 09:36
Did she come to the Tyne for repairs. ? I seem to remember her at Wallsend Slipway for a long stay in early 60s.?

roseman36
14th June 2013, 01:33
was at wallsend slipway from 8/2/61-26/7/61. I stood by for the duration. reg lee