Captain B.L.Oliver

KEITH SEVILLE
28th April 2009, 08:53
I was reading the Daily Telegraph this morning and noticed in the deaths column of the passing of Captain Brian Lewis Oliver (Retired) aged 80 from Reading.
Many years ago, I remember Captain Brian Oliver who served with Shell and I met him on the A class tankers a very good Master and easy to get on with.
Would any of our Shell or ex Shell perssonel be able to confirm this.

Regards
Keith

d.r.wing
2nd May 2009, 17:21
Hi Keith,
I knew Brian very well, yes it is the Brian Oliver you remember, also living in the Reading area was another ex Shell Captain Gerry Lomax who sadly passed away a couple of years ago we used to spend many an hour over a pint recalling times at sea they were very tolerant me being a BP man.

KEITH SEVILLE
2nd May 2009, 17:34
I remember Gerry Lomax also, from the M Class tankers (VLCCs) which came
into Tranmere on the Mersey during the seventies.
They were all characters and we dont see them now.

Best Regards
Keith

mikeg
2nd May 2009, 23:46
I was reading the Daily Telegraph this morning and noticed in the deaths column of the passing of Captain Brian Lewis Oliver (Retired) aged 80 from Reading.
Many years ago, I remember Captain Brian Oliver who served with Shell and I met him on the A class tankers a very good Master and easy to get on with.
Would any of our Shell or ex Shell perssonel be able to confirm this.

Regards
Keith

Hi Keith,

I'm sorry to hear that Brian Oliver has passed on. He was indeed a very good Master, I sailed with Brian several times and on each occasion it was a very happy ship.

Regards,
Mike