For you Fyffes Guys....

Ian J. Huckin
28th April 2009, 22:35
Out of my 26 years as an eng. at sea the last 9 were on reefers mainly JL and Chiquita. I lived in Botley, just outside of Southampton and my next door neighbour, and I mean 20 ft away was an ex Fyffes man sailing for Chiquita.

Back in about '92 I was C/E on Chiquita Nederland when another Chiquita ship came alongside. This picture is of (R -> L) me, my son who was doing a trip, and my neighbour who was Master on the other ship....how many of you recognise him........

Lloyd Housley
29th April 2009, 10:44
Out of my 26 years as an eng. at sea the last 9 were on reefers mainly JL and Chiquita. I lived in Botley, just outside of Southampton and my next door neighbour, and I mean 20 ft away was an ex Fyffes man sailing for Chiquita.

Back in about '92 I was C/E on Chiquita Nederland when another Chiquita ship came alongside. This picture is of (R -> L) me, my son who was doing a trip, and my neighbour who was Master on the other ship....how many of you recognise him........
Looks more like his mum than you (the lad in the middle I mean!!) Crikey I haven't seen Heather 30 odd years but I can see her now.
Hope you didn't talk him into staying ashore, what's he do?

Ian J. Huckin
29th April 2009, 18:39
Looks more like his mum than you (the lad in the middle I mean!!) Crikey I haven't seen Heather 30 odd years but I can see her now.
Hope you didn't talk him into staying ashore, what's he do?

Hello Lloyd,

Weird to be on a Fyffes page talking to a Boltons guy about a Chiquita meeting!!!! Stretches the remaining brain cells a bit eh?

Yup, looks a like his Mum does'nt he. He is 29 now and works as an International Sales Statistician for Kenwood. Travels all over. None of my buggers went to sea, perhaps the next generation will...

Catch you over on the Bolton's page.(Thumb)

Best wishes.....Ian

bloomdido
2nd May 2009, 02:07
hi that looks like dudley mountford,sailed with him and his wife pat when i was a kid on the magdalena,my dad is bob grieves who was chief with fyffes till 92

Ian J. Huckin
2nd May 2009, 02:47
hi that looks like dudley mountford,sailed with him and his wife pat when i was a kid on the magdalena,my dad is bob grieves who was chief with fyffes till 92

bloomdido,

Yup that is Dudley...a real gentleman. So you met with Pat eh? was sailing with her just half as crazy as living next to her???

bloomdido
5th May 2009, 01:16
hi ian yes she was a great laugh,lots of parties on that ship running from la to the banana ports,she was always at the centre of it all,do you still keep in touch with them?
regards
malcolm

Ian J. Huckin
5th May 2009, 01:30
hi ian yes she was a great laugh,lots of parties on that ship running from la to the banana ports,she was always at the centre of it all,do you still keep in touch with them?
regards
malcolm

Hello Malcolm,

I have not been in touch with Dudley for over ten years though my kids back in England see him now and again as they still frequent Botley. If you were wanting to contact him I can get his current address I am sure, he might even still be living in the same house.

The last "incident" I can recall concerning Pat was when she was caught climbing naked out of one of the dormatory windows at the Hamble Air Training School early one morning....I am not being defamatory as this is how it was reported in the local press at the time.

Dudley was held in very high esteem by the people I sailed with who knew him.......

Ian

baz140
17th February 2013, 18:17
think he was ch officer when i sailed with him and his wife also sailed with ur father a couple of times as a steward and a cook great days