Happy Birthday John Firmin ....

barnsey
8th May 2009, 01:05
i have John Firmin down for a 68th Birthday .... am I correct?

(Hippy)

John_F
8th May 2009, 13:25
David,
Many thanks for that! 50 years ago today & I was half way up the Red Sea on the Glory, having paid my first visit to Mena. There is a photo of my 18th here:
http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1995/cat/500/ppuser/912
Seems a while ago - don't smoke now, don't drink (well, not as much), don't...... - Oh yes I do!
Kind regards,
John.

barnsey
8th May 2009, 13:55
OK John ........ and where is the NOW photo? Come on ... be honest....

David

James_C
8th May 2009, 21:00
Happy Birthday John!

John_F
8th May 2009, 21:14
OK John ........ and where is the NOW photo? Come on ... be honest....

David

David,
If you insist.....I'm the one on the left.

James,
Thanks for that - I'm not sure how my birthday got revealed to 36,000 members as I don't think my birth date is in my profile. Too late to worry about that now!

Kind regards,
John

stan mayes
8th May 2009, 21:45
A very happy birthday to you John with many more to come.
My diaries - 50 years ago today I was working as a rigger in Tilbury dock on
City of Newport a Liberty ship then onto Paramatta a Swedish ship.
Regards
Stan

barnsey
9th May 2009, 02:15
Hmmm, if thats you on the left Ive been seriously at error with left and right for many a year ........ and 50 years ago I was eagerly awaiting end of term and then my first ship ...

As for getting your birthday revealed .... it was Skype, with the lead pipe in the bog.(==D)

Roy Fox
9th May 2009, 10:45
50 years ago I'd already done my time and been ashore for 6 years. But happy birthday anyway, John, and thanks for all the help you've given me with photos and info on BP Shipping (British Tankers as it was in my day).

Graham Wallace
12th May 2009, 17:42
A belated Happy Birthday John.

Mine was a couple of weeks ago, thank god Barnsey didn't know

Graham

JamesM
12th May 2009, 21:18
John, Belated birthday wishes, always appreciate your input, very knowledgeable.
Regards, James.

Satanic Mechanic
12th May 2009, 21:29
David,
Many thanks for that! 50 years ago today & I was half way up the Red Sea on the Glory, having paid my first visit to Mena. There is a photo of my 18th here:
http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1995/cat/500/ppuser/912
Seems a while ago - don't smoke now, don't drink (well, not as much), don't...... - Oh yes I do!
Kind regards,
John.

Holy Cow - Sandy Tosh !!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Happy Birthday