Hi everyone

Norwester
12th April 2004, 07:06
Hi every one,good to see a forum such as this and it will be interesting to watch it grow.
I work in an iron ore port in Australia witch sees some 1000 bulk carriers per year and exports in excess of 90million tons of product.This is mainly iron ore but also includes salt, maganese,copper concentrate,chromite,feldspar.

Looking forward to posting with you all in the future :thumb:

Ken

Andy
12th April 2004, 10:21
Hi Ken and a very warm welcome to Shipsnostalgia (or 'SN' as I think it will turn out for regulars). As you can see, it's very early days for the site at the moment... but it will be very active before long.
If you can add anything to the forums to get the ball rolling on certain topics, we'd greatly appreciate it. We're looking forward to expanding the bulk carriers section, hopefully with some photos. If you have any photos to post, fire away.
Cheers,
Andy

Steve
27th April 2004, 18:29
Hi Ken,

Sorry in being Slow In saying Hello, Been a bit busy but welcome!!

shirley norman
22nd September 2016, 16:55
Hello All, Just joined - and not even very proficient on the computer... I am doing local history in the St. Bride's Bay area of Pembrokeshire, Wales and trying to find information on the barque "Cashier" of Antwerp, shipwrecked in the Bay in February 1900. Any information would be good! Thank you.

beedeesea
22nd September 2016, 17:43
Shirley,
Brief mention on Dive-Pembrokeshire site:

February 16th CASHIER. (ANTWERP). Barque. St. Bride's Bay. Crew and Passengers taken off at Goultrop. Outward bound from Cardiff to Table Bay loaded with 1800 tons of coal.

Brian

shirley norman
22nd September 2016, 18:45
Thank you Brian - I have seen that site. I was hoping for some information about the ship itself or the people who were rescued or even a photograph. One man was saved by local postman Thomas Cale but there is no name or anything about him.

tsell
23rd September 2016, 01:27
Hi from Oz, Shirley, welcome to SN. Remember beautiful Broad Haven as a lad - had a girlfriend in Saundersfoot. You'll find a wealth of information on here. Have you signed into the 'Ships No More' forum? Lots to read about wrecks. Good luck.

Cheers

Taff

Somerton
23rd September 2016, 06:04
Hi Ken . Just seen your post today . Would the port you refer to be Port Hedland A few years ago I was going from Perth to Darwin by bus . I was staying in Port Hedland over night. However due to floods I had to return to Perth . I was able to make the trip from Perth to Darwin in January 2010 .
Alex C .

Somerton
23rd September 2016, 06:09
Hi Shirley , welcome to Ships Nostalgia . I hope you enjoy this site . I know I have .
Alex C

shirley norman
23rd September 2016, 09:10
Hello Taff, No I haven't heard of that forum - that's excellent, I'll have a look. Surely Oz isn't better than Broad Haven is it?

tsell
23rd September 2016, 11:04
Better not answer that Shirl. Might stir up a hornet's nest!

Cymru am byth, (Thumb)

Taff

billyboy
23rd September 2016, 12:26
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer