Ex.B.P. 1960s

william.marshall439
18th May 2009, 21:57
Old Janner, I too was with B.P.in the 60s,but not with you,however are you the same Spencer Lewis who done a summer season on I.O.Man Ferries in 1989/90, I was there as well, Bill Marshall. Hope you are enjoying your retirement. I finished up with P.N.T.L. as Catering Officer and have been retired for 5 years. All the very best to you.

Old Janner
19th May 2009, 03:38
Old Janner, I too was with B.P.in the 60s,but not with you,however are you the same Spencer Lewis who done a summer season on I.O.Man Ferries in 1989/90, I was there as well, Bill Marshall. Hope you are enjoying your retirement. I finished up with P.N.T.L. as Catering Officer and have been retired for 5 years. All the very best to you.
Yes Bill that is me, I actually did three seasons on the Lady of Mann, hard work but good times, I look back now and wonder where I got the stamina from, nights in at Douglas used to kill us all in the summer season, then the overnights to Belfast, at the end of the two weeks I was a walking zombie.
Is P.N.T.L a Greek passenger line, I remember you saying that you were looking after renovation on a couple of ships, where do you live now?
All the best, Spence.

william.marshall439
19th May 2009, 22:40
Hi Spence, I am still living in my home town of South Shields, home to many a British Tanker eh.,you will know. PNTL is Pacific Nuclear Transport Ltd. the ships that carry that funny stuff from Japan, managed by J.Fishers, and British Nuclear Fuels. I was there for 13 years straight from the ferries, a good little company, retired at 59,five years gone Dec. nice to hear from you, all the best, Bill.