Search for information on Cpt Bryan Hill[Melampus1967]

bitterlakes67
23rd May 2009, 22:56
Are any Ex BF members that have any information about Captain Bryan Hill:
A friend of mine Ex "Bitterlakes Yellow Fleet" [Austrian Engineer] and ex engraver of the "Bitterlake Stamp profile" would like a copy of the Captains book.
"Stamps of the Great Bitterlake Association"
John
Ex 2nd Lecky Melampus1967

Hugh Ferguson
30th August 2009, 17:41
John, Bryan died 24th July 1999. I had some correspondence with him prior to that. His wife, Pixie, lent me much of his memorabilia to read through. That was returned to her some time ago and since then we have been in contact only very infrequently and not at all lately.
If you wish I will try to contact her again to know if any copies of his book are still available. Regards, Hugh.

Bitterlakes1967
17th December 2009, 21:03
Dear Hugh
Sorry for the delayed response.
I have just picked up the thread of my discussion.
If the good Captains wife has information on a spare "The Stamp Book" copy then I would appreciate a response.
The chap that engraved the stamps an an Austrian Engineer is after a copy
Regards
John l Hughes
Ex Melampus 1967

Hugh Ferguson
20th December 2009, 16:35
Dear Hugh
Sorry for the delayed response.
I have just picked up the thread of my discussion.
If the good Captains wife has information on a spare "The Stamp Book" copy then I would appreciate a response.
The chap that engraved the stamps an an Austrian Engineer is after a copy
Regards
John l Hughes
Ex Melampus 1967

I'll see what I can do. Regards, Hugh

Hugh Ferguson
20th December 2009, 17:41
I've just been in touch with Bryan's widow and, as you would expect, she has a copy of this book.
The details:- "Postage Stamps of the Great Bitter Lakes Association", by Captain Bryan Hill; published in 1975, by Picton Publishing, Citadel Works,
Bath Rd., Chippenham, SN15 2AA.

Pretty scarce I would imagine-none on ABE books apparently.

sidsal
20th December 2009, 19:47
Hugh
My good friend Capt Brian McManus was in command of Melampus at some stage. He lives in Kinmel Bay, Rhyl and if you send me a message I can send you his e-mail adress if of use.
Sid