Wanchai Ferry

TonyAllen
2nd June 2009, 21:57
Watching the box today with my grandson and tv ads came up for chinease ready dinners and it was called Wanchai ferry,I wonder if the tv ads makers realize how much the name wakes up the memories of hong kong to far east sailors,or in fact the are much smarter than we think,it made me for a brief moment taste the tang of the far east. Regards Tony Allen

teb
3rd June 2009, 07:59
Watching the box today with my grandson and tv ads came up for chinease ready dinners and it was called Wanchia ferry,I wonder if the tv ads makers realize how much the name wakes up the memories of hong kong to far east sailors,or in fact the are much smarter than we think,it made me for a brief moment taste the tang of the far east. Regards Tony Allen

Tony- think that should be "Wanchai"?
Regards Teb.

non descript
3rd June 2009, 09:15
Teb,
You are indeed correct about it being Wanchai Ferry (http://www.wanchaiferry.com/)

TonyAllen
3rd June 2009, 16:46
Noted and altered thank you Regards Tony

TonyAllen
3rd June 2009, 16:50
Sorry I dont know had to alter the title heading can you help ?Tony

TonyAllen
3rd June 2009, 18:35
Thank you, Tony

trotterdotpom
4th June 2009, 11:41
Actually, it's Wan Chai - I just got off it and it hasn't changed in 35 years!

John T (in Hong Kong).

teb
4th June 2009, 15:08
Actually, it's Wan Chai - I just got off it and it hasn't changed in 35 years!

John T (in Hong Kong).

You are quite right- and to think I lived there for 26 years !!!! Teb(Cloud)

Dave Woods
4th June 2009, 15:16
It this what you are talking about?(A)

trucker
4th June 2009, 15:46
noticed no one,s mentioned.it,s also called the star ferry.as it run,s from star peir. Twinkling Star.

Bill Davies
4th June 2009, 16:44
Well Gents, I can remember frequently going along the road to Star Ferry (not too far from Holts Wharf) and going over to Hong Kong Central.
Wanchai (or however you want to pronounce it) district was a ten minute walk East (almost facing Holts Wharf). Unaware there was a specific Wanchai Ferry.

Bill

Boseley
4th June 2009, 17:12
It this what you are talking about?(A)

By the so & so, that brings back memories of my youth, bell boy on the RMS Corfu,

Bob Sendall

TonyAllen
4th June 2009, 18:54
If I remember it it was not called the wan chai as such it was the star ferry just along from holts wharf but to save the walk you would take a sampan with an outboard on the back right in to the the heart of it if their was 4 or 5 of you and paid a dollar each 55-60 blue funnel heyday Regards Tony