Posting Photos

glenn
4th September 2005, 15:28
Hi is there any way I can post more than one pic at a time or do they all have to be uploaded individually? Thanks

John Rogers
4th September 2005, 15:58
Good question, I would also like to know that answer.
John

Jeff Egan
4th September 2005, 16:30
I asked that question a couple of months back and was told you have to post one at a time to prevent spammers, whatever they are.
Regards jeff

flyer682
8th September 2005, 14:15
All photos have to be uploaded separately. This prevents unwelcome photos finding their way to the Site (termed as spamming - a bit like spam mail).

japottinger
12th September 2005, 18:30
Help!
Looks like I have exceeded my allocated space for posting photos. How do I go about resolving this. Can you delete previous posting etc to make room for new?
Jim

japottinger
14th September 2005, 13:41
Can any of the moderators help me with my question of above please?
jim

Fairfield
14th September 2005, 13:45
If you are quite happy to lose some of your pics in the Gallery I can delete them.However,will wait to see if anyone with more IT knowledge can help.Maybe they can be archived first.

Jan Hendrik
14th September 2005, 13:53
Jim, you may have to start as a new member altogether and call yourself Japottinger Two.

Andy
14th September 2005, 15:41
Jim, you may have to start as a new member altogether and call yourself Japottinger Two.
No, we can't allow that ;) I'll see what can be done about extending allowances.
cheers,
Andy

Andy
14th September 2005, 15:50
We've extended the disk space allowance by a considerable amount...don't use it all at once ;) Let us know if you're still having difficulties.

japottinger
15th September 2005, 20:48
Can you please delete pics posted so far then I can add some more, I you still want me to do so.
As an aside I was not aware when checking each time I posted that I was anywhere near the cut off limit until I was apparently in a "minus" category

david smith
15th September 2005, 21:03
You can combine photos with an editing package, then upload the final "picture". This has its drawbacks. A photo has to be of a size to be dowloaded to the viewer's screen. Consider that many are still on dial-up, so this could take ages with a large picture - in fact some so large that I would give up waiting!
Also think about the quality of the final image. Quality is important and suffers with the reduction in size or when combined.
I know what you are trying to do, but try downloading a series of pictures per line of thread.

japottinger
15th September 2005, 23:58
I am sorry David you have lost me!
All my postings to date have been max 240,00 bytes, and if possible would prefer all previous postings be deleted and can start with a clean sheet.
Jim

Andy
16th September 2005, 06:31
I am sorry David you have lost me!
All my postings to date have been max 240,00 bytes, and if possible would prefer all previous postings be deleted and can start with a clean sheet.
Jim
Jim, you should have an extra 80mb of gallery space now, so you can just keep uploading, no need to delete any.

cheers,
Andy

japottinger
16th September 2005, 17:05
Many thanks Andy

danube4
29th September 2005, 00:12
Hi all, Can some one advise me please. I have about 2 hundred postcards of ships, all cards are pre 1948. Mostly cargo ie. Clan, Port ,Ellerman City lines etc. My nephew will put some on my computer with his scanner next week. He will also show me how to send them. Most of the cards have the name of the company and ship in the margin at the bottom. Do i need to blot this out or leave it. Also do they go in historical or by company. Sorry to be a neusence, i am still learning to use a computer. thanks. Barney.

Steve
29th September 2005, 00:38
We need to think about this one over the weekend because we may overhaul the gallery, I will get back to you soonest.

Steve

ruud
29th September 2005, 01:03
Ahoy,

Well you can post them in the "original" size with the company's name on it, but most of them are gone by now,sure yours being pre 1948
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9773/andespostcarda5vm.th.jpg (http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=andespostcarda5vm.jpg)
but here 's another way to post them:
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5494/andespostcardaenhanched2mc.th.jpg (http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=andespostcardaenhanched2mc.jpg),
You see, same ship, a bit "changed" and nobody "knows", it's not the correct way, but I don't think there's still on it.

danube4
29th September 2005, 12:24
Steve,first i must apologise for not asking if youwanted these pictures. Most of these cards are real photographs. Most where given or sent to me direct from the shipping co's, they where very generous with there photo's. I collected these in 1949 when i was 13. Just thought some one would like to see some older ships.

danube4
29th September 2005, 13:27
Ahoy ruud. Thank you for the information. I do nt know anything about computers.My nephew has a web site about motor bikes, he sends lots of pictures, and is going to help me. Ruud, i have a Canadian Pacific passenger list in book form,for Empress of Canada (captain E.A.Shergold). Liverpool to Quebec and Montreal. April 21st 1948. If its any use to you, you can have it with pleasure. Barney.

ruud
29th September 2005, 14:10
Ahoy Barney[not the "darter" Raymond(*)) ]
Well first of all thank you for this fine offer you made me, but I don't collect them, and haven't sailed for the company[Canadian Pacific], but if you want to give it away or post it, better to someone who has/had interests/collect in passengerslists, and specially the Empress of Canada, once again a very nice offer, and sure you will have some response, lots of people collect them, or want to see them again.

john martin
1st October 2005, 10:00
hi mate welcome aboard.i wonder if you have a photo of zent as a few of us are looking for it.also looking for BRITISH LADY a b.t tanker.
all the best
john martin

R58484956
1st October 2005, 16:53
MV ZENT 3242 tons built 1938 by Oresundsvarvet, ex Empire Wharfe 1947, ex Angelburg 1945 exViator 1939. 319.0 x 45.7 x 24.1. 1 B&W 9 cyl diesel. DF ESD Registered London British flag. code flags GRDW