Vintage Port

Mick quinn
21st June 2009, 20:44
Just a quick note to remind all of those ex-Port Line men (and those of confused gender) that there is a website for all ex-Port Line employees that were with Port Line before 1970. The website is Vintage Port, membership is free and you get to see quite a few stories from ex-Porties. There is also a list of crews on all of the Company ships, invaluable if you want to find out ex crew names.
Mick Quinn

mcgurggle
22nd June 2009, 00:02
Does'nt seem to be open to "Ratings" !!!!! Been trying to 'get in' for 2 years...
McG

sparkie2182
22nd June 2009, 00:19
try this link McG..........

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/VintagePort/

Terry Willcox
22nd June 2009, 21:32
I joined Vintage Port and found that if you are not a master mariner or an engineer, you have no say in this website. I served 7 happy years with Port Line in the catering dept starting a a galley boy and then finishing off my career at sea as Food and Beverage Officer with Stena Line. I would love to get in touch with the Port Line lads, I even served 2 turns of duty in the Suez conflict on the Port Invercargill....Take care Terry.(Cloud)

mcgurggle
22nd June 2009, 22:12
I joined Vintage Port and found that if you are not a master mariner or an engineer, you have no say in this website. I served 7 happy years with Port Line in the catering dept starting a a galley boy and then finishing off my career at sea as Food and Beverage Officer with Stena Line. I would love to get in touch with the Port Line lads, I even served 2 turns of duty in the Suez conflict on the Port Invercargill....Take care Terry.(Cloud)

Exactly what I mean Terry (Thumb)
McG

sparkie2182
22nd June 2009, 23:06
to be honest.....

you possibly have a point

S2182

KYRENIA
22nd June 2009, 23:30
I was a shore-gang rigger for Port Line in the Royal Docks, London and Tilbury in the `60/70`s(also Blue Port). Can i join?
Cheers John

sparkie2182
22nd June 2009, 23:35
anyone who worked for P.L. can join, John.

but in truth.........it is a bit of a closed shop

KYRENIA
25th June 2009, 18:09
Sparkie. Thanks for the reply.
Sad i cannot share my memories as although i never sailed on Port boats i worked on every ship as a rigger that came into the Royals and Tilbury from mid 60`s until their demise.(including Brocklebank charters/ownership)
Cheers John.