MSC Dredger Gowy

Rodbender
4th August 2009, 13:21
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find Photographs of the MSC Gowy. I am asking for my Brother in Law who skippered her for a while. He is now severely disabled and would love to see some pictures.
Also can anyone say whether she is still in service and if not when and where she was decomishioned.

Thanks.

Pat Kennedy
4th August 2009, 13:27
National Archives have some, the link is here;
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/A2A/records.aspx?cat=124-b10101_3&cid=-1&Gsm=2008-06-18#-1
regards,
Pat

Kevver
17th April 2010, 14:50
Hello there,
Sorry for the long time in replying, only just seen the question!
She was scrapped at Pomona Docks in 1980 (or there abouts) I have the original "Pilots book" dated 1928 which I found when she was laid up at Runcorn.( I also have the telegraph plates from the engine room!)
I have quite a few pictures of her,I started out as "lad" on her replacement the MSC INCE.
If I can ever work out how to upload pictures I will put some on if not drop me an e-mail at kevandjean.t21@btinternet.com and I will send them on to you.

Bestwishes.
Kevin.

KEITH SEVILLE
18th April 2010, 09:54
There is also a photo of MSC Gowy on Shipspotters sight at Pomona Docks awaiting
scrapping.

Regards
Keith

bob2bob
18th April 2010, 10:46
When I was on the Daniel Adamson as no1 deckhand. the black oil filler on the steering gear went chips. So I sculled over to the Gowy which at the time was moored in Old Quay lock entrance, took the part which was identical and we fit it to the Danny, but not until I spent 3 days cleaning it up to standard,

Rodbender
13th September 2011, 10:15
Thanks for all the replies. Please accept my apologies for the late response but sadly my Brother in Law passed away shortly after I made this post so you can see that I had other things on my mind at the time. I will miss him and his stories of life on the Ship Canal. R.I.P. Norman Whittaker. 1950-2010.

bob2bob
3rd October 2011, 13:12
Sorry to hear about Norman had more than a few pints with him in the old days.