Elpenor

Jan Hendrik
17th September 2005, 08:19
Built 1917 by Hawthorn, Leslie and Co, Tyne side, 455 ft length 56th ft beam and 36ft depth. GRT 7601, 14 knots, Blue Funnel Line.
In 1935 transferred to Glen Line and renamed GLENFINLAS.
Bombed twice during the war, but in 1947 returned to the Blue Funnel Line but again back to the Glen Line for a second time. Broken up in 1952.

copyright: Hempel A/S, Copenhagen 03/99
artist: John Gardner (watercolour)