Magazine Steet Wharf

simomatra
11th August 2009, 16:24
Does anyone have any pictures of the old Bank line berth at Magazine Street Wharf New Orleans?

Should bring back some memories for you all

Alistair Macnab
11th August 2009, 16:40
Simomatra.....
The Bank Line wharf assigned in New Orleans was HARMONY STREET which I think is the one you fondly recall. When the "Corabank" Class came on the scene, the Line moved to GOVERNOR NICHOLLS STREET Wharf adjacent to the French Quarter.
There already exists a thread on SN discussing the ship plaques affixed to the wooden underside of the wharf stringplate - all unfortunately lost when Harmony Street was torn down and replaced with a new concrete heavy-duty dock and shed with the same name.

simomatra
11th August 2009, 16:53
Simomatra.....
The Bank Line wharf assigned in New Orleans was HARMONY STREET which I think is the one you fondly recall. When the "Corabank" Class came on the scene, the Line moved to GOVERNOR NICHOLLS STREET Wharf adjacent to the French Quarter.
There already exists a thread on SN discussing the ship plaques affixed to the wooden underside of the wharf stringplate - all unfortunately lost when Harmony Street was torn down and replaced with a new concrete heavy-duty dock and shed with the same name.

Thanks Alistair

The memory must be going I had Magazine Street in my brain.(Thumb)

Many thanks Sam

Carl Wadkin
12th August 2009, 18:10
Hi Sam,
New I had a photo of the Governor Nicholls Wharf: I have this photo as the Rosebank (http://www.turnertech.co.uk/items/new_orleans_1972.jpg) but not sure if that is correct. 2nd Mate in khaki heading forward and Mate in Blue shorts discussing heavy lift. I have one of the Harmony Street Wharf, somewhere........

simomatra
13th August 2009, 00:02
Hi Sam,
New I had a photo of the Governor Nicholls Wharf: I have this photo as the Rosebank (http://www.turnertech.co.uk/items/new_orleans_1972.jpg) but not sure if that is correct. 2nd Mate in khaki heading forward and Mate in Blue shorts discussing heavy lift. I have one of the Harmony Street Wharf, somewhere........

Thanks Carl

I hope to find some when I get my gear out of storage or ask my son to look through all the slides I gave him before we shifted.

Cheers sam