John Merrill. A.B.

kernewekmarnor
21st August 2009, 14:14
Just feel it apt that with the news from Scotland today, anyone who knew John Merrill, A.B, who was tragically killed on the Pan-Am flight that was bombed in 1988, on route to join Auckland Star in Newark, NJ, should maybe give him a thought.
May he rest in peace, and his killers; well you decide.....(Cloud)

Dickyboy
21st August 2009, 14:25
Just feel it apt that with the news from Scotland today, anyone who knew John Merrill, A.B, who was tragically killed on the Pan-Am flight that was bombed in 1988, on route to join Auckland Star in Newark, NJ, should maybe give him a thought.
May he rest in peace, and his killers; well you decide.....(Cloud)
Thanks for that Kernewekmarnor.
I was unaware that there was a seaman on board that flight. My thoughts are with him and his family at this time.

LEEJ
21st August 2009, 17:12
There was a number of Blue Star crew on the flight before the Pan Am. The story I heard was that John had missed that flight.

kernewekmarnor
21st August 2009, 22:00
aye LEEJ, happen you may be right there.
I was onboard English Star at the time, it may have been the Canterbury he was joining, not the Auckland, I am not 100%
I seem to remember he did indeed get a later flight,as he missed the earlier one the rest of the joining crew caught.

fiftyfifty
30th August 2009, 20:11
He was joing the Auckland Star, I understand he missed the flight that he should have been on. I flew back from the Canterbury Star on ther same plane that was blown up 2 weeks earlier.

Mike

kernewekmarnor
21st December 2013, 12:57
25 years ago today; RIP John Merrill. AB.

alan ward
21st December 2013, 15:42
25 years ago today; RIP John Merrill. AB.

Hear hear