Nine

Paul UK
27th August 2009, 20:53
A busy couple of days at Southampton, there will be nine cruise ships in over two days, I bet that will be a good sight 29th and 30th.

Paul(Thumb)

Pompeyfan
28th August 2009, 10:25
A busy couple of days at Southampton, there will be nine cruise ships in over two days, I bet that will be a good sight 29th and 30th.

Paul(Thumb)

Yes, there are five in tomorrow.

David

nobby s
1st September 2009, 17:22
Yes Paul, today this seems a great event to have so many cruise ships in port over a few days.For most of us older citizens it doesn't seem but a few years ago that most of the berths were filled with ships for most of the year.I feel great remorse when I visit the dock area of our town and look at the many old defunct shipping offices of Cunard, Union Castle, Shaw Saville,P&O and many others as well as the old 'Pool' plus N.U.S. office.
The wife and I went for a cruise on the Oriana earlier in the year and we've booked another on the Arcadia for next year. Although the crew were very pleasant and adept at thier jobs I did find (as an ex seaman) it very sad at the loss of jobs to British seamen and the lack of oportunity for our younger generation to experience the 'merchant life'.