Downloading DVD

RNW
12th September 2009, 11:08
Team,
Having trouble downloading a DVD onto the site.
Edited the DVD on the Panasonic software, downloaded to DVD disc, and have tried to download following instructions, but to no avail!
Just won't accept the file.
Could somebody give me a hand here.

Richard

treeve
12th September 2009, 12:31
Did you mean Uploading TO the site or Downloading FROM the site?

RNW
12th September 2009, 12:35
Thank you for replying, I meant uploading to the site.

Regards

Richard

benjidog
12th September 2009, 16:07
Hi Richard,

A few thoughts that may help you:

1. The software on the site limits the size of uploads so if the file you are uploading is too big it won't work. Sometimes the error messages are not obvious. Also you don't say if you were trying to upload the file to a thread or to the Gallery. The size limits are I think even tighter if you are uploading to a thread. Assuming you are uploading to the Gallery, ensure the file is not more than a few hundred kilobytes in size. If it is you may need to produce a lower definition copy. There is a thread about doing this in the "Computers" forum.

2. Is the file you are uploading of an acceptable filetype - when you do an upload the screen should tell you which types of file will work. If your ain't one of them - it won't work.

3. Are you trying to upload the file directly from the DVD? If so you could try copying it to your hard disk and uploading it from there as sometimes DVDs can be very slow and you may be encountering a timeout.

RNW
13th September 2009, 02:24
Thanks Brian,
I have been trying to send a DVD to the TV section of the site.
Appreciate your help, I will look at size, file type etc. and try again.
The video is quite short, but high definition, so maybe this is the problem.

Regards

Richard

benjidog
13th September 2009, 18:23
Ahh - SN TV. Sorry but that is one part of the site I know little or nothing about - hopefully somebody else can help with your enquiry.