Fort Victoria

Pat Kennedy
17th September 2009, 11:50
Local press are reporting a fire aboard RFA Fort Victoria in Cammell Lairds No 5 dry dock
Apparently it happened last week, and the fire was located "in a cargo room adjacent to the engine room"
At the height of the blaze there were nine fire engines in attendance.
It appears that there was little damage other than the ship was smoke logged, which is not ideal coming at the end of a major refit when presumably all the internal spaces have been refurbished
Pat

Pat Thompson
17th September 2009, 12:21
Greetings,

Pat, have you got the link so I can put onto the RFA Association website

Aye

Pat

Pat Kennedy
17th September 2009, 17:11
Pat,
The story was in the Wirral Globe, which I binned last night.
sorry. however, I suppose Google would lead you to it.
Pat

Pat Thompson
17th September 2009, 18:20
Greetings,

Pat, I did some serious googling (my Mother warned me about that and said it would make me go blind) and eventually found it, I have placed a link on the RFA Association website. But thanks for your reply.

Pat Kennedy
17th September 2009, 18:44
Pat,
No doubt the old country song by John D Loudermilk, 'Google Eye' refers to this dangerous practice your mother told you to avoid.
Pat[=P]

Pat Kennedy
24th October 2009, 22:50
Fort Victoria has now moved from Cammell Lairds No 5 Drydock over to Canada Dock in Liverpool to complete the refit, on Wednesday 21/10/09
She transported under tow so I'm assuming the main engines are not yet ready.
Photograph here;

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/203201/ppuser/12939

ian fears
26th October 2009, 10:16
my sons on her think now sailed for trials ,

Scousegit
26th October 2009, 10:49
She is still there this morning.

Scouse.

ian fears
26th October 2009, 14:07
hes lied to me before!!!! normally for money , suppossed to go last weekend,difficult to see from here !!see if can find out why still there ,

Pat Kennedy
11th November 2009, 21:24
Fort Victoria left Liverpool around 08.00 this morning, and AIS shows her currently entering the Firth of Clyde.

Kinnie
15th November 2010, 21:52
On 13 November while patrolling the West Indian Ocean between the Somali Coast and the Seychelles, the bridge crew on the UK ship, RFA FORT VICTORIA received a call from a Seychelles fishing vessel that had sighted a possible pirate vessel. The fishing vessel had spotted a suspicious vessel with an unusually large crew and a skiff onboard. FORT VICTORIA intercepted the suspicious vessel and identified it as being a whaler often used by pirates in the Indian Ocean. Therefore it was decided to board the whaler and investigate further. NATO Press Release (http://www.manw.nato.int/pdf/Press%20Releases%202010/Jun%20-%20Dec%202010/SNMG1/NATO%20warship%20RFA%20Fort%20Victoria%20disrupts% 20pirates.pdf)