British Tankers

lakercapt
28th September 2005, 23:19
Friend of mine sailed as an engineer on British tankers in late 50' and 60's and asked if I could find photoghraphs ogf the following ships he sailed on.
Br. Engineer
Br. Victory
Br. Adventure
Br. Sailor
Br. Energy
Anyone know if there is a web site or any members can help?

lamptrimmer
1st October 2005, 21:41
Hi lakercapt
Have you tried www.ship-photos.dynamic-site.net.
Regards Lamptrimmer

paul0510
8th October 2005, 20:31
Hi lakercapt
Have you tried www.ship-photos.dynamic-site.net.
Regards Lamptrimmer

Has ANYONE tried this bloke Young's photo service and can vouch for quality? Seems to have a real prolific database including ships I've been looking for over the last couple of years. Problem is, you can't order online, guess I'll have to email him.

Paul

Ron Stringer
8th October 2005, 20:58
Yes Paul, I have used Vic Young's service and found it excellent. He responds promptly to emails and forwards the photos (I have bought B & W prints only) as soon as he receives your money, and they have been very good. I can fully endorse the service for quality and speed.

Ron

danube4
8th October 2005, 20:59
Hi Paul. I have just received eight photo's from Victor Young. Exellent photo's black and white. 5 each includes postage. I am well pleased. Highly recomend. Barney.

marlinspike
9th October 2005, 17:02
Help

How do you enter the 'Youngs Data Base' - if I type in the name of the ship even one like the 'Port Montreal' that is adverrtised I get ' data base empty: if I wanted access to say 'British Sailor' what would I type in under the three columns: I do not get the 'equal/less than equal bit' - thres always a thick one in a crowd!! Thanks: Peter

danube4
9th October 2005, 18:05
Hi Peter. I just typed in Port Montreal and it came up.Port Montreal GBR 1954 , 8548 tons Port Line.
Port Montreal GBR 1937 5882 tons Port Line.
I just e/mailed name of ship, co, date i was on her, He has lots of negatives not on show yet. He will find them for you. Barney

John Rogers
9th October 2005, 18:53
Peter, I had the same problem there also so dont feel so bad,I gave up trying, its a hard site to navigate.
John

danube4
9th October 2005, 19:34
Peter and John, Type name of ship in display format box,and press printable format.
NOT DISPLAY FORMAT. He has all the pic's you want peter.

paul0510
9th October 2005, 20:22
Thanks lads,
I'll get on to him this week. Nothing like good references!

Paul

John_F
9th October 2005, 21:49
Has ANYONE tried this bloke Young's photo service and can vouch for quality? Seems to have a real prolific database including ships I've been looking for over the last couple of years. Problem is, you can't order online, guess I'll have to email him.

Paul
Regarding the site www.ship-photos.dynamic-site.net.
I tried this site a year ago & I found the quality very mixed. They all looked as though they had been printed in a hurry (i.e. photos not square, some with borders, some without,) & some prints were pretty poor (exposure). You get what you pays for, I suppose, & if all you are looking for is a memento then the quality is acceptable. On the other hand, if you are looking for something to frame & hang on the wall then I would look elsewhere. I haven't tried the NMM in Greenwich so I can't pass comment.
Regards,
John_F

John Rogers
9th October 2005, 21:57
With name like Peter,Paul, and a couple of Johns we should be alright.
John.

cliveaudi
18th October 2005, 19:31
Hi, I sailed in the period etc, Also sailed with BP & have pictures you require

Peggy747
20th October 2005, 09:41
Hi, I sailed in the period etc, Also sailed with BP & have pictures you require
Hello Cliveaudi, forgive me for butting in here , my eldest Brother sailed as an engineer in "British General" 1952-1953 I wonder do you have a photograph of this ship? I recall that BTC like Shell had pics of their ships on post cards for the crew. Regards Peter Peggy747 (Thumb)

mrelggum1952
7th February 2010, 11:41
Friend of mine sailed as an engineer on British tankers in late 50' and 60's and asked if I could find photoghraphs ogf the following ships he sailed on.
Br. Engineer
Br. Victory
Br. Adventure
Br. Sailor
Br. Energy
Anyone know if there is a web site or any members can help?

Hi, i just read this and would like to direct you to www.photoship.co.uk this site has all the B.P tankers from years ago, i found all the ships i served on. Hope this helps

Graham Wallace
24th February 2010, 05:09
LakerCapt

I have photos of those 5 BP tankers on file, get you Engineer Buddy to send me an email, see my profile.
I wanted to meet him before.

Graham