Queen Mary 2: Liverpool, UK

mcpcshowcaseHD
21st October 2009, 10:30
The Queen Mary 2 visits Liverpool (her spiritual home) for the very first time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJf7Cwdud6g&hd=1

lesbryan
21st October 2009, 10:35
The Queen Mary 2 visits Liverpool (her spiritual home) for the very first time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJf7Cwdud6g&hd=1
Scarborough beat Liverpool to it she passed through the bay of scarborough on saturday gone(17/10/09) and then went up to Whitby

Chris Isaac
21st October 2009, 12:52
Maybe if Liverpool play the QM's football team they might at last find a team they can beat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 4....... I don't think so!

eriskay
21st October 2009, 14:37
Maybe if Liverpool play the QM's football team they might at last find a team they can beat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 4....... I don't think so!

Have no fear, the mighty 'Pool will be up there come end of season (Thumb)

As for the QM's football team, they might not be that easy to turn over if they are anything like the renowned team fielded by the M.V. Hurunui back in the 'good old days', as evidenced below :

9 - 1 : Hurunui v Patagonia Star - Aukland Shield match
11 - 0 : Hurunui v Melbourne Star - Aukland Shield match
4 - 2 : Hurunui v Port Jackson - Wellington
15 - 0 : Hurunui v Cymric - Wellington
3 - 0 : Hurunui v Paparoa - Lyttelton
2 - 0 : Hurunui v Tongariro - Lyttelton
8 - 1 : Hurunui v Treloske - Aukland Shield final
4 - 1 : Hurunui v Port Wyndham - Aukland Shield match
6 - 2 : Hurunui v Port Curtis - Aukland Shield match
3 - 1 : Hurunui v Hauraki - Friendly
3 - 1 : Hurunui v Hauraki - Aukland Shield final
5 - 0 : Hurunui v Carnatic - Aukland Shield match
9 - 0 : Hurunui v Port Dunedin - Aukland Shield match
2 - 0 : Hurunui v Otaki - Aukland Shield final

Played : 14
Won : 14
Lost : None
Drawn : None
For : 84
Against : 9

Also, three times winners of the Ernest Davis Association Football Challenge Shield.

Mind you, the team comprised :

J/E, 4/E, 5/E, 6/E, 7/E, 9/E, 3rd Electrician, Greaser, EDH and 2 x ABs.

With such a high E.R. contingent the above performance and successes were inevitable ! (==D)

mcpcshowcaseHD
21st October 2009, 15:49
Scarborough beat Liverpool to it she passed through the bay of scarborough on saturday gone(17/10/09) and then went up to Whitby

Yes but Liverpool has a very close connection to Cunard. I saw her up at Greenock in Scotland too.

lesbryan
21st October 2009, 16:28
Yes but Liverpool has a very close connection to Cunard. I saw her up at Greenock in Scotland too.

So has cunard through Sir jimmy saville and he has a big link with Scarborough !!

Ron Stringer
21st October 2009, 17:09
Looks like the Reds are having another bad day!

sparkie2182
21st October 2009, 20:38
Royal Iris Reserves 2 Liverpool 1 after extra time.

sidsal
22nd October 2009, 21:18
Don't know about you blokes but QM2 is not a pretty ship - looks square and box-like. Give me the shapely passenger ships of the past - the Andes and the Castle boats !

Santos
22nd October 2009, 21:39
sidsal,

I have to agree - the QE2 was much more majestic and I think that the CP Liners and the old Auriol had character - and what can you say of the QE herself and of course QM still showing her beauty in America. I am for the old ships I am afraid, old but lovely.

Chris.

ALAN TYLER
20th November 2009, 11:32
sidsal,

I have to agree - the QE2 was much more majestic and I think that the CP Liners and the old Auriol had character - and what can you say of the QE herself and of course QM still showing her beauty in America. I am for the old ships I am afraid, old but lovely.

Chris.

I also agree the old ships had more about them, also alot were British built, something that will never happen again sadly. I sailed on the Carinthia for two and half years, although smaller than the Queens it was a very happy time in my career at sea.

john g
20th November 2009, 15:43
They had beautiful lines and all had sheer and a shaped stern....ok lady like.. to we who remember them. One of the best shaped hulls was the old (dare I say it) P&O Victoria now Mona Lisa. Her superstructure was questionable after the rework but she had a classic interior along with her hull. Even the "Mickey Mouse" boats had a nice shape especially at the bow.