Bank Line memorobilia.

John Dryden
22nd November 2009, 00:47
I know it,s a bit of a sorry start but reading about the last Bank boat run ashore I was saddened.Anyway I have a bank Line egg cup,mint condition with the flag on it.Anybody out there I,ll send it to you to add to anything you have got,never had boiled eggs myself just fried eggs bacon and jockeys whips.

Donald McGhee
22nd November 2009, 03:23
Any Kiwi Bank Line folk who have any memorabilia to "donate" I would love to take it/them off your hands!This is a hobby of mine, basically interested in anything connected with Donaldsons or Bank Line.
I would really like a Bank Line tie, but have never seen one. Anyone interested in telling me where I can source one?(Pint)

Winebuff
13th January 2010, 13:49
Still have my Bank Line tie issued to me when I went to Hull College of Technolgy to study my C&G in 1974.

436lp
3rd October 2011, 14:23
I know it,s a bit of a sorry start but reading about the last Bank boat run ashore I was saddened.Anyway I have a bank Line egg cup,mint condition with the flag on it.Anybody out there I,ll send it to you to add to anything you have got,never had boiled eggs myself just fried eggs bacon and jockeys whips.

Hi John,

I was cadet to 2nd mate with bankline from 1972 till 1981 then redundant. Then rejoined in 1997 as c/officer and soon Master. Took Ivybak to scrap about 1998 and did my last trip in 2004 before comming ashore for good. I have been collecting bits of Bank line stuff for a while, need a teapot lid as my wife broke the one on our bank line pot. Would give your egg cup a happy home if you still have it.
my e-mail is lester.pink@sky.com

mil511mariner
3rd October 2011, 16:44
E-bay is worth a look every now and again - I bought a bank line cup and saucer last month couldnt really explain why to the memsahib.

There is one seller does a line in key rings with house flags and other assorted merchandise

I have been after a replacement tie for years with no success.

John Dryden
3rd October 2011, 18:43
Hi John,

I was cadet to 2nd mate with bankline from 1972 till 1981 then redundant. Then rejoined in 1997 as c/officer and soon Master. Took Ivybak to scrap about 1998 and did my last trip in 2004 before comming ashore for good. I have been collecting bits of Bank line stuff for a while, need a teapot lid as my wife broke the one on our bank line pot. Would give your egg cup a happy home if you still have it.
my e-mail is lester.pink@sky.com

Yes i still have it.Just dug it out(took me ages to find it!)so send me a private message on SN with your address and I will gladly send it to you.
JD.

bones140
5th October 2011, 12:58
E-bay is worth a look every now and again - I bought a bank line cup and saucer last month couldnt really explain why to the memsahib.

There is one seller does a line in key rings with house flags and other assorted merchandise

I have been after a replacement tie for years with no success.

Hello mil511. I now know who I was bidding against for the cup and saucer!