Survivng clyde puffers

paullad1984
12th January 2010, 14:08
How many clyde puffers/VIC's surivive in various forms of preservation and what are theyre locations?

duquesa
12th January 2010, 15:15
If you Google "Save the Puffer", the puffer preservation society will have all the answers yo are looking for.

R396040
12th January 2010, 19:45
How many clyde puffers/VIC's surivive in various forms of preservation and what are theyre locations?

In "SEA BREEZES" magazine Nick Walker advertises Puffer holidays cruising round the Western Isles & lochs in his own coal fired puffer. Its sound great and something I would love to do sometime. I believe passengers are invited to help out in the running of the ship during the trip,if they want to, otherwise relax and enjoy the views. It operates from Crinan Ferry.
Best wishes
Stuart

Billieboy
13th January 2010, 15:17
In "SEA BREEZES" magazine Nick Walker advertises Puffer holidays cruising round the Western Isles & lochs in his own coal fired puffer. Its sound great and something I would love to do sometime. I believe passengers are invited to help out in the running of the ship during the trip,if they want to, otherwise relax and enjoy the views. It operates from Crinan Ferry.
Best wishes
Stuart

Probably hoping for a Clyde Bank engineer and a Tirger Bay Somali stoker!

MuddyM
5th February 2010, 23:51
We have two VIC's in Chatham, VIC 96 recently restored in Maryport Cumbria, and steamed last year to a permanent berth here. and VIC 56 a resident of many years in the Historic Dockyard. They both have their own websites.

albatross1923
7th February 2010, 12:09
Google Clyde Puffers and Vics Plenty Information
Or
www.tradboat2.co.uk
yours albatross 1923