Crew Pictures

staceysnowtwinkle
15th January 2010, 20:08
Hello all, I have just found out that my Gt Grandad was a fireman/stoker on the HMS Tiger in WW1. I am asking if anyone has photos of the crew for that time that has names on them as my gt grandad was Alfred Whittle from Bristol whom I cant find anywhere else on the internet.
Heres hoping someone has an old photo they could look at and hopefully find my Gt Grandad or any stories about him.
Look forward to chatting with you all.

K urgess
15th January 2010, 20:12
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
A bit of a long shot but someone aboard may be able to point you in the right direction.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

Santos
15th January 2010, 20:29
Hi Stacey,

There are photos of HMS Tiger and Crew photographs HERE (http://www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk/tiger.htm) hope they help.

Chris.

Peter4447
15th January 2010, 20:30
Hi and welcome aboard.
If you would care to go to www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk and click on Royal Navy then click on Battleships and scroll down through the list of ships you will eventually find HMS Tiger. Click on this and it will bring up a lot of photos of the ship plus quite a few photographs of Stokers who served in her during the 1914-18 War. Unfortunately the photos do not give individual names but there is an e-mail address for the gentleman who posted them as his ancestor was also a Stoker serving in 'Tiger' so it would certainly be a useful starting point in your search.
Kind regards
Peter4447(Thumb)
Moderating Team

Peter4447
15th January 2010, 20:31
Not again Santos

SNAP!!!!

Peter(Jester)

Santos
15th January 2010, 20:33
(Jester) (Jester) We have the same ideas Peter - what numbers are you doing on the Lottery (Jester)

Chris.

Gulpers
15th January 2010, 21:52
Stacey,

A warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
15th January 2010, 23:43
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
16th January 2010, 13:42
Greetings Stacey and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

benjidog
16th January 2010, 18:42
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

Looks like you have already got some really hopeful pointers!