More "saying hello"

Dunolly Castle
18th January 2010, 07:25
I'm a brand new member, and a complete landlubber. Maritime experience entirely as a passenger.
I keep an eye on St Lawrence Seaway traffic, during the summer, from our summer cottage on the south shore of Lake St Francis.
My present interest is family history. Several of my uncles, all now gone, were seamen, all engineers. Since I never met some of them, and wasn't bright enough to ask questions when I did meet some of them fifty-odd years ago, I'm trying to do a little fishing on the web.
I'm hoping to find something of the pre-war tugs of the United Towing Company, of Hull, UK.

Dunolly Castle

Gulpers
18th January 2010, 08:19
DC,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
I am also sure that someone will be able to help with your query in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)

non descript
18th January 2010, 08:40
DC, a warm welcome to you on your first posting. Thank you for joining the community and I am sure you will find plenty of feedback on United Towing Company; do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. (Thumb)

R58484956
18th January 2010, 10:36
Greetings DC and welcome to SN from the south of England. Bon voyage.

billyboy
18th January 2010, 12:00
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

K urgess
18th January 2010, 12:59
Welcome aboard from northern England.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

bert thompson
18th January 2010, 15:47
Welcome and hope you enjoy all that this great site offers
Best wishes
Bert.

benjidog
18th January 2010, 18:25
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you enjoy the site.