Sailing is in my blood

RPHistorians
20th January 2010, 15:04
Hi, I'm new to the forums. My family has been on the water sailing all over the country, establishing a sailing team at a university, and just plain ole getting wet for 100 years. Sailing is in my blood.

To be honest, I joined up with the purpose of getting information regarding finding a ship sailing from Puerto Rico to Haiti so I can help out there, maybe help bring over supplies. If I can get a ship, I might be able to get big church funding and truly load that ship down. I currently have no contacts in Puerto Rico and have no resources to find a ship. If anyone has a way I would be MUCH appreciative.

Pleased to meet yall!

K urgess
20th January 2010, 15:11
Welcome aboard from northern England.
An admirable idea but since the port is closed through earthquake damage there are not too many ships being used. Mostly all airlifts.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

Gulpers
20th January 2010, 15:15
RPHistorians,

A warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

RPHistorians
20th January 2010, 15:24
Hi Marconi. Greetings from Southern USA!

I am acting on the prospect that Port au Prince will be open in the next few days as estimated.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE60H3ZJ20100118

If this happens I want get a ship as soon as I get into Puerto Rico. Surely there is a fleet waiting for the opportunity to load up and head over.

R58484956
20th January 2010, 16:42
Greetings RPH and welcome to SN from the south of England. Bon voyage.

benjidog
20th January 2010, 16:56
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

billyboy
20th January 2010, 21:59
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

bert thompson
21st January 2010, 09:43
Welcome and good luck with your endeavours
Best wishes
Bert.