Hi Sirs

JORGILRI
21st January 2010, 15:38
Hi Sirs

I'm very glad of be member of this forum. I've taken some minutes surfering in photo gallery and it's the best that I've seen.

My Name is Jorge Gilabert. I'm not very good explaining and writing in English, that is the reason that i ask you apologises for all the wrongs or mistakes that I can doing.

I Have officer degree of Spanish Merchant Marine, but i can not sailing too much. I'm working as Marine Surveyor and I'm an entusiast of the naval and maritime history.

Now I'm looking for the history of all the ships that sailing my Father, who was Captain of the Spanish Merchant Marine, from 1946 to 1983.

One of that ships was LR nº 1133549 Spanish M/V "Antartico", Ex- "Castillo Andrade", Ex "FranÇois" Ex "Chrysopolis" EX "Pagasitikos" Ex "Benlomond" Ex "Berwick Law" I have an doubt because in some webs i Find notices about this ship was constructed as "Roman Prince". Everyone would tell me anything?

Thanks and best regards

R58484956
21st January 2010, 15:58
Greetings Jorge and a warm welcome to SN on your first interesting posting. Your English is very good, no problems to read it. Bon voyage

Gulpers
21st January 2010, 17:22
Jorge,

A warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
I am also sure that someone will be able to help with your query – in the meantime have a good look around. (Thumb)

K urgess
21st January 2010, 17:55
Welcome aboard from northern England, Jorge.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

bert thompson
21st January 2010, 18:34
Jorge welcome to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

Jim Yates
21st January 2010, 18:39
Welcome aboard Jorge. your English is ok for me I have no dout that someone will be able to help you in your search.
good luck.
Jim

Boseley
21st January 2010, 20:37
Hola Jorge:

Bienvenido desde la isla de El Hierro. Disfrute este foro hay muchas experiencia aquí. No se preocupe, su inglés es muy bueno,

Saludos,

Bob Sendall

hamishb
21st January 2010, 21:13
Hi Sirs

I'm very glad of be member of this forum. I've taken some minutes surfering in photo gallery and it's the best that I've seen.

My Name is Jorge Gilabert. I'm not very good explaining and writing in English, that is the reason that i ask you apologises for all the wrongs or mistakes that I can doing.

I Have officer degree of Spanish Merchant Marine, but i can not sailing too much. I'm working as Marine Surveyor and I'm an entusiast of the naval and maritime history.

Now I'm looking for the history of all the ships that sailing my Father, who was Captain of the Spanish Merchant Marine, from 1946 to 1983.

One of that ships was LR nº 1133549 Spanish M/V "Antartico", Ex- "Castillo Andrade", Ex "FranÇois" Ex "Chrysopolis" EX "Pagasitikos" Ex "Benlomond" Ex "Berwick Law" I have an doubt because in some webs i Find notices about this ship was constructed as "Roman Prince". Everyone would tell me anything?

Thanks and best regards

Hi Jorge, do not worry about your English as it is easy to understand and many times better than my Spanish.

I think you are looking at 2 different ships here. possibly 3 as I have not found Antartico.

1) Roman Prince, Berwick Law, Benlomond, Chrysopolis, 5291 Gross Tons, Built 1914 by William Doxford & Sons Sunderland England.

2) Pagasiticos, Francios, Vigo, Castillo Andrade, 3457 Gross Tons, Built 1914 by Richardson Duck & Co Ltd , Stockton England.
If you would like to check the information go to www.plimsollshipdata.org where you will find all the information with links to the original Lloyds Register entries
Good luck with your search
Regards
Hamish.

benjidog
21st January 2010, 21:44
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

GWB
22nd January 2010, 00:41
Welcome aboard Jorg from Brisbane your english a lot better than mine, enjoy the trip.

billyboy
22nd January 2010, 01:28
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

JORGILRI
22nd January 2010, 12:42
What a surprise! I really wouldn't hope such welcome! and for all the globe points, antipodal included.

Hamishb, thank you very much for your valuable info. I didn't know plimsoll web I'm going to trying with it. "Antartico" and "Castillo Andrade" were the some ship. In 1943 suffered an fire at Gijón Port, and it was impossible to repairing. Finally Castillo Andrade was full transformed in 1948 and she's new name was "Antartico". In 1959 go to ashore and wrecked in the Santander Port bar.

regards