ship menus

tmac19
22nd January 2010, 10:21
i am a big collector of menus from the ships. if you are looking for a menu let me know. i will try to find one for you .tonymac.

Gulpers
22nd January 2010, 12:17
Tony,

I've moved your thread from the "Say Hello" Forum to this location since it is more appropriate here. (Thumb)

bert thompson
22nd January 2010, 21:07
Welcome Tony. Enjoy all that this wonderful site offers
Best wishes
Bert.

stoker
25th January 2010, 11:09
i am a big collector of menus from the ships. if you are looking for a menu let me know. i will try to find one for you .tonymac.

tmack,

Do you have a Benline menu from the late sixties? I would like to show my wife the standards to which I was accustomed!

Joe Whelan
25th January 2010, 13:35
Hi Tony,
Have you any menus from Caltex 1952/1960.

The 2nd. Mate
27th August 2010, 18:46
Hi all

Somewhere about the house I have a Xmas Day Menu from the "City of Rochester" Makes my mouth water just looking at it!

Two Curry Cooks, one for the officers and one for the crew so we had curry with each meal.

Cheers

ian

john fraser
27th August 2010, 19:24
tmack,

Do you have a Benline menu from the late sixties? I would like to show my wife the standards to which I was accustomed!

Don,t know if there are any around.I remember we used to use the back of the old menu cards to do the Bond orders,which were delivered to the cabins.Nowadays its called recycling.

Trevor
28th February 2011, 20:01

Do you have any Brocks Menus, we had great food but I did not keep any of the Menus. With Brocks from 1959 to 1966 and always had good food, needed it as an engineer. Found your thread while searching the site for menus, only three in the gallery.
Trevor

Trevor
11th April 2011, 00:11

Do you have any Brocklebank menus, the food was always very good.

TonyAllen
11th April 2011, 17:27
any for the blue funnel A boats and the P boats 1955/60 Regards Tony

John Farrell
11th April 2011, 18:25
Remember studying the menu on my first trip and the mate shouted over to the Engineers table that I be given instruction on how to read it seeing as I was fresh out of a shipyard and had probably never eaten anything other than fish and chips or pie and chips perched on top of a spare prop or old crankshaft with unwashed hands.
Good start. I had to be restained from flicking peas thereafter.

charles henry
20th April 2011, 15:49
i a big collector of menus from the ships. if you are looking for a menu let me know. i will try to find one for you .tonymac.

Sailed in the City of Paris in the fifties. Food was sumptious,
would really appreciate a menu from that period.
Charles

jg grant
21st April 2011, 03:45
HI from NZ, I've got some somewhere from the Mariposa around 1972. Golden bear line(?) but definitely American. Regards Ronnie.

John Farrell
21st April 2011, 06:08
Golden bear line(?) but definitely American. Regards Ronnie.

Pacific Far East Line

john blythe
6th July 2011, 23:28
with texaco once a mouth you always got the duck board curry, when the fridges had been cleaned out .allways raised an eye

Burned Toast
7th July 2011, 10:15
with texaco once a mouth you always got the duck board curry, when the fridges had been cleaned out .allways raised an eye

[=P]:sweat::sweat::sweat:

Ray

E.Martin
8th July 2011, 08:48
I have a Joe Shell menu for the TES Tenagodus Xmas 1952.