Forresbank mini reunion

simomatra
24th January 2010, 03:45
Thanks to this forum, this weekend Gerry Winter and his lovely wife Andrea hosted a mini reunion of Forresbank old mates. Thanks Gerry and Andrea

My wife Pat and I went up to Gerries place and stayed o,nite. We had a big chin wag about old times went out for a Bank Line curry banquet and drank a few beers and wine.

Gerry found a few photos.

To put you in the picture Gerry was 3rd Eng at the time and I was 1st Elect, Gerry hailed form Bradford in the UK and I from Brisbane Australia. Gerry emigrated many years ago to Oz and came to visit us in Newcastle some 30 years ago. We drifted apart for over 30 years and have got in contact again through this forum.(Thumb) (Thumb) (Thumb)

The first one is of Gerry and one of your truly after 16 hours changing two pistons in the mid Pacific. I am on the left.

The next two are photo's taken this morning.

Next we have myself and the winchman

Next we have a picture of Dale Alderdice 4th Eng and the 2nd Elect from Ireland, sorry I can't remember his name, maybe someone can chip in here.
This was them getting their crossing the line certificates.

Next one is at my place and we hope to have a few more Bankline personnel present. Ian if you read this we are waiting for you to come over and visit.

johnb42
24th January 2010, 05:02
Nice post and great pics.
John

jimthehat
1st February 2010, 23:46
Hi,
yes nice pics,you guys look a bit younger than me I was on the Forresbank for 18 months,brought her out new ,master Angle.
jim

simomatra
2nd February 2010, 22:32
Hi,
yes nice pics,you guys look a bit younger than me I was on the Forresbank for 18 months,brought her out new ,master Angle.
jim

Twas a great ship Jim did 1 1/2 trips on her and visited again when she came to Brisbane after left Bankline many times