looking for Davidson and Mary B VI information

Philip Merchant
25th January 2010, 07:59
I am currently restoring 17ft Davidson lifeboat. I am interested in two aspects of this boat. I am looking for information on the Davidson company founded by Hamish Davidson on West Georgia St in Vancouver BC. They built fiberglass lifeboats and work boats from about 1948 to the mid 1970's. Also: the boat I am working on has the name Mary B VI registered in Vancouver BC in the original gel coat. I am very interested in any information on the history and life of this boat. I have contacted a fellow in Halifax who served on her on the east coast and know that she also worked in the Beaufort Sea possibly for Dome Petroleum. She is/was a supply ship similar to an ocean tug. I would particularly like to see photographs of her. Thanks all Philip Merchant

Gulpers
25th January 2010, 09:24
Phillip,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey.
I would be surprised if our members can not help you with your query, in the meantime, have a good look round and join in the banter as much as possible.
Beware, it is addictive! (Thumb)

R58484956
25th January 2010, 09:30
Greetings Philip and welcome to SN from the south of England. Bon voyage.

billyboy
25th January 2010, 09:35
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

K urgess
25th January 2010, 12:42
Welcome aboard from northern England, Philip.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

wdbulmer
16th October 2013, 17:12
hi...I have recently obtained a 16+ ft Davidson lifeboat in rather poor condition...it apparently came off of the FINTRY QUEEN that ran in the waters of Okanogan lake....She was built by Davidsons in 1966...I'm condidering rebuild options such as relace keel with something more substantial ,put in ribs and floors and turn her into a shart masted sailor...was wondering how your project is going...I realize your post is from 2010 but???? thanks will[=D]

R58484956
17th October 2013, 12:06
Greetings wdbulmer and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Nova Scotian
17th October 2013, 20:56
When I first came to Nova Scotia, Canada, in 1974, I lived in Halifax and sailed on the Cathy B. She was the sister ship to the Mary B VI and the Janie B. If I remember correctly, the three vessels belonged to a company called Federal Offshore and operated out of the Sugar Refinery piers in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. The super' was a Dick Spillacy.

At the time, the company was servicing an exploration rig in the Bay of Fundy just north of Grand Mannan. I was just filling in so my time wither was brief. Shortly after I left the vessels were chartered to supply rigs off Newfoundland. I remember this because all the Nova Scotian crew were replaced by Nefoundlanders.

Nova Scotian
17th October 2013, 20:58
When I first came to Nova Scotia, Canada, in 1974, I lived in Halifax and sailed on the Cathy B. She was the sister ship to the Mary B VI and the Janie B. If I remember correctly, the three vessels belonged to a company called Federal Offshore and operated out of the Sugar Refinery Piers in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. The super' was a Dick Spillacy.

At the time, the company was servicing an exploration rig in the Bay of Fundy just north of Grand Mannan. I was just filling in so my time wither was brief. Shortly after I left the vessels were chartered to supply rigs off Newfoundland. I remember this because all the Nova Scotian crew were replaced by Newfoundlanders.

bishoch
18th October 2013, 21:29
Above vessel was with Arctic Transportation Ltd in theBeaufort Sea in 1982/83. I was on the Seafed Avalon, the sister ship.