Just saying hello

Valerie.Taylor
26th January 2010, 13:59
Hi, I've joined because I want to find out, if I can, about tugs, trawlers and boats generally on the Humber and the Thames. My ancestors were watermen, rivermen, seamen, trawlermen and tug captains. I thought it would be lovely to learn some of the history of which my family has been a part.

KEITH SEVILLE
26th January 2010, 14:06
Valerie

A warm welcome to this site.
Hope you enjoy all it has to offer.
I am sure there are members who will be be able to assist you in your research.

Best Regards
Keith

fred henderson
26th January 2010, 14:10
A warm welcome to SN, Valerie. As one of your interests is fishing vessels, you may wish to view the Fishing Gallery photographs. The instructions for access to this gallery are in:

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=10667

Fred (Thumb)

Gulpers
26th January 2010, 15:29
Valerie,

A warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
Since you share common interests with many of our members you will undoubtedly be exchanging messages before long. (Thumb)

R58484956
26th January 2010, 16:39
Greetigs Valerie and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

bert thompson
26th January 2010, 17:08
Welcome Valerie to this great site full of information
Best wishes
Bert.

ALLAN WILD
26th January 2010, 17:28
Hi, I've joined because I want to find out, if I can, about tugs, trawlers and boats generally on the Humber and the Thames. My ancestors were watermen, river men, seamen, trawlermen and tug captains. I thought it would be lovely to learn some of the history of which my family has been a part.
Welcome aboard Valerie....plenty of ex tug man and river man from Hull on the site...sure you will not be disappointed.

K urgess
26th January 2010, 23:51
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Valerie.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

billyboy
27th January 2010, 00:02
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

benjidog
27th January 2010, 18:38
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

If you have any specific questions please let us know and hopefully someone can help you.

gdynia
29th January 2010, 00:27
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage