royal navy

axlefoley
27th January 2010, 00:21
hi my name is mike foley i was in the royal navy between 1961 and1972 as eng mech on the wakeful,barrosa,hermes tiger,AFD58, and albion anyone with any info on them please get in touch.

Steve Woodward
27th January 2010, 07:17
Mike,
I like the handle - very Beverley Hills ! welcome to SN, there are plenty of ex RN folk with us so someone will have the info you seek.
Enjoy your time with us
Steve

non descript
27th January 2010, 07:24
Mike, a warm welcome to you on your first posting. Thank you for joining the community and hopefully you will find your way around fairly easily - if not just ask; do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. (Thumb)

billyboy
27th January 2010, 07:43
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Gulpers
27th January 2010, 09:05
Mike,

A warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

bert thompson
27th January 2010, 09:53
Welcome Mike. Enjoy all that this wonderful site provides
Best wishes
Bert.

R58484956
27th January 2010, 10:04
Greetings Mike and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

K urgess
27th January 2010, 10:34
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Mike.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

Frank P
27th January 2010, 13:19
Welcome onboard Mike, enjoy the site.

Cheers Frank

gdynia
29th January 2010, 00:28
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

vectiscol
29th January 2010, 17:26
I seem to remember going on board HMS Wakeful when she was guardship during Cowes Week during the late 1950's - early 60's. Were you there, Mr Foley?

vickentallen
29th January 2010, 20:28
Hi Mike, Was on Barrosa briefly 57 seatime from St Vincent, On Tiger for whole of second commish 61/63 LEM before your time ??? were you at the HMS Tiger reunion in Stirling, Scotland, this year ....a good bash!

Regards, Vic..

axlefoley
5th March 2010, 11:14
I seem to remember going on board HMS Wakeful when she was guardship during Cowes Week during the late 1950's - early 60's. Were you there, Mr Foley?

Hi, I was on Wakeful from July 62 till Oct 62 and I remember the week at Cowes we were guard for the Royal Yacht Britannia with the Queen onboard, Cowes was quite a liverly run ashore at the time, regards Mike Foley

axlefoley
5th March 2010, 11:21
Hi Mike, Was on Barrosa briefly 57 seatime from St Vincent, On Tiger for whole of second commish 61/63 LEM before your time ??? were you at the HMS Tiger reunion in Stirling, Scotland, this year ....a good bash!

Regards, Vic..

Hi Vic, I was on Barrosa Oct 63 toApril 65 18 months in the far East , the best time I had in the RN, I cannot see the present forces doing 18 months anywhere, regards Mike Foley.

axlefoley
5th March 2010, 11:24
Mike,
I like the handle - very Beverley Hills ! welcome to SN, there are plenty of ex RN folk with us so someone will have the info you seek.
Enjoy your time with us
Steve

Thanks for the welcome Steve, regards Mike Foley.

axlefoley
5th March 2010, 11:32
Mike, a warm welcome to you on your first posting. Thank you for joining the community and hopefully you will find your way around fairly easily - if not just ask; do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. (Thumb)

Hi, thanks for the welcome, regards Mike Foley.

axlefoley
5th March 2010, 11:37
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Hi, thanks for the welcome, regards Mike Foley

axlefoley
5th March 2010, 11:40
Mike,

A warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

Hi, thanks for the welcome ,regards Mike Foley

axlefoley
5th March 2010, 11:42
Welcome Mike. Enjoy all that this wonderful site provides
Best wishes
Bert.

Thanks for the welcome Bert, regards Mike Foley.

axlefoley
5th March 2010, 11:43
Greetings Mike and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Thanks for the welcome , regards Mike Foley

axlefoley
5th March 2010, 11:45
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Mike.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

Thanks for the welcome from a fellow Yorky, regards Mike Foley.

axlefoley
5th March 2010, 11:46
Welcome onboard Mike, enjoy the site.

Cheers Frank

Thanks for the welcome Frank, regards Mike Foley.

axlefoley
5th March 2010, 11:47
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

Thanks for the welcome, regards Mike Foley.