Ship mate question

xXxRubyGhirlxXx
27th January 2010, 15:21
Hi,
I'm new to the site and although I'm not a sea farer myself my family has been especially my father.What I am in particular looking for is anyone who sailed on any J+J Denholms boats or any boat actually along with Pat O'Connell. He doesn't have any photos from his younger days and we're trying to create an " original" birthday suprise for him so if anyone has any photos of him would you let us know if you would be able to scan me a copy of them.And for those on the site who know him Shhhh!!!!! don't tell.(A)
Thanks
xXxRubyGhirlxXx

John Cassels
27th January 2010, 19:36
Sailed with Denholms 1963 - 1981.

What did you dad sail as ; how old is he ; know any of his ships.

muldonaich
27th January 2010, 20:14
Sailed with Denholms 1963 - 1981.

What did you dad sail as ; how old is he ; know any of his ships.

he was on the cast otter on deck john with bob cotter brgds kev.

paisleymerchant
27th January 2010, 20:49
And for those on the site who know him Shhhh!!!!! don't tell

Bit late if he happens to be a member of the site ...lol

I sailed on a lot of Denholms Ship's but never sailed with your dad

Gulpers
27th January 2010, 21:53
A warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Sorry Ruby your Dad's name doesn't ring a bell with me. As John said, give us some more details and I'm sure someone will be able to help you. (==D)

John Cassels
28th January 2010, 09:41
he was on the cast otter on deck john with bob cotter brgds kev.

You could be right Kev , thought his name did ring a distant bell.

neil nic
28th January 2010, 23:19
Hi RubyGhirl, i sailed with your father on the 'Arctic Troll', he was about 17 or 18 at the time, i'll have a rummage and see if i can find anything suitable.

xXxRubyGhirlxXx
29th January 2010, 13:50
Sorry Ruby your Dad's name doesn't ring a bell with me. As John said, give us some more details and I'm sure someone will be able to help you. (==D)[/QUOTE]

emm I do remember him talking about the Arctic Troll, Troll park, VANCOUVER FOREST , Troll Lake, Cast Otter (28/6/86 to 9/9/86), There alot more but they are the ones I know for defo.I'll have a root around and see his discharge books :P
Thanks for trying everyone x

xXxRubyGhirlxXx
29th January 2010, 13:53
Thanks you soo much. I know if I do fiNd any he'll either want to strangle me if there are any bad fashion ones or laugh soo thanks you . x

John Cassels
29th January 2010, 19:18
Thanks you soo much. I know if I do fiNd any he'll either want to strangle me if there are any bad fashion ones or laugh soo thanks you . x

If he wants to strangle you , tell him you'll stop his tap !!.

Gulpers
29th January 2010, 20:10
Hi RubyGhirl, i sailed with your father on the 'Arctic Troll', he was about 17 or 18 at the time, i'll have a rummage and see if i can find anything suitable.

Neil,

You could be right about Arctic Troll.
Now that you mention it, Pat's name is just starting to ding-a-ling! I've got a fairly tall, thin lad, with very short hair as a mental picture. (Thumb)

neil nic
29th January 2010, 23:26
Hi Ray, Pat joined along with another boy from Easterhouse called Jimmy Thomson, I remember Pat had an accident with a crane ball resulting in having to wear a kind of 'stookie' for a while, maybe that will jog your memory.
Neil.

Argyll
3rd February 2010, 14:03
Neil,
There is a Jimmy Thomson from easterhouse on the cal mac ferry Isle of Arran ,he does his chippy there his nic name is Jimmy Zero Could be same guy you mentioned

Kingham SJ
5th February 2010, 11:57
Hi,
I'm new to the site and although I'm not a sea farer myself my family has been especially my father.What I am in particular looking for is anyone who sailed on any J+J Denholms boats or any boat actually along with Pat O'Connell. He doesn't have any photos from his younger days and we're trying to create an " original" birthday suprise for him so if anyone has any photos of him would you let us know if you would be able to scan me a copy of them.And for those on the site who know him Shhhh!!!!! don't tell.(A)
Thanks
xXxRubyGhirlxXx

hi rubyghirl.Sailed with your dad on the cast otter,only did one trip,we all got paid off in antwerp,when polish crew took over[1986]. tell him i said hi,wish him a happy birthday,sorry no photos regards simon(==D)

rustbust
9th February 2010, 21:20
Neil,
There is a Jimmy Thomson from easterhouse on the cal mac ferry Isle of Arran ,he does his chippy there his nic name is Jimmy Zero Could be same guy you mentioned

Yes, I know Jimmy Thomson. I sailed with him on the Isle of Lewis for a few years. I remember him making the occasional mention of his Denholm days.

dowling
11th February 2010, 20:27
I'll ask my "old man" if he has any old photo's of Pat,as he remembers Pat very well as he sailed on the same ships he did at the same time,met your Dad the last time i paid off the Far Sagaris,strictly sober he was!

neil nic
12th February 2010, 20:18
Hi Argyll and Rustbust, i've sailed with Jimmy in Denholms and Calmac, i'm still with Calmac and i know you both from days gone by.
Neil.

xXxRubyGhirlxXx
15th February 2010, 18:05
I'll ask my "old man" if he has any old photo's of Pat,as he remembers Pat very well as he sailed on the same ships he did at the same time,met your Dad the last time i paid off the Far Sagaris,strictly sober he was!
Thanks that would be amazing.I've found a few absolutely belters so far of him so its getting there . Cheers x

dowling
19th February 2010, 21:54
Hi again Ruby Ghirl,my father looked out most of his Denholm's photo's,there is none of your Dad,sorry about that,hope you have enough of him when he was younger and look forward to seeing them on the site,Graham.